Forum
TV switching to xbian input at turn off - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: TV switching to xbian input at turn off (/thread-351.html)

TV switching to xbian input at turn off - hakeem - 7th Jan, 2013 06:05 PM

Hi,

My Pi is powered from my TV and is booting when turning on the TV.. Thats fine..
but it's automatically switching over to the xbian/hdmi input everytime. So I have to wait until xbian is fully booted before chancing input sources otherwise it will change back to xbian.

Re: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 7th Jan, 2013 06:29 PM

you can disable this in
System>Settings>System>Peripherals>Raspberry Pi CEC

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - hakeem - 7th Jan, 2013 07:56 PM

But I dont want to disable HDMI CES support, still want to be able to use my TV remote

Re: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 7th Jan, 2013 08:04 PM

you dont disabling the cec Wink there is setting to turn off switching on tv when RPi boots Smile

TV switching to xbian input at turn off - Koenkk - 7th Jan, 2013 09:30 PM

That settings is named something like 'Make XBMC the active source when starting'

Re: RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 7th Jan, 2013 10:48 PM

(7th Jan, 2013 09:30 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  That settings is named something like 'Make XBMC the active source when starting'

looks just about right Smile
the thing is I was writing the steps by just digging the info from memories as I don't have access to my RPi at the moment Wink

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - hakeem - 8th Jan, 2013 03:12 AM

My LG TV always start on the last used input.. And thats the way I like it.

But my TV does not do that after plugging in my raspberry pi ! Sad

HDMI 1 - Xbian alpha 4
HDMI 2 - Sat box

Usually watch TV on my sat box.. so I prefer my tv starting on HDMI 2..

It does that but as soon as the pi gets power from the TV it switches to HDMI 1 ! If I then switch back to HDMI while pi is booting up, then I get switched back to HDMI 1 again ! as soon as the pi is fully loaded and XMBC is running..

I then disabled 'Make XBMC the active source when starting', now the pi does not switch back if I switch over to HDMI 2 while pi is loading.

But it still does the first switch when starting the boot progress. Sad plus CEC did not work after disabling 'Make XBMC the active source when starting'

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 8th Jan, 2013 08:26 AM

what RPi version you have ?

Will do some more tests here and see if I can find solution for you

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - hakeem - 8th Jan, 2013 05:49 PM

256 mb ram first revision and batch

Re: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 10th Jan, 2013 05:53 AM

Plug your RPi to proper PSU (BTW, your TV USB port do only 500mA max and it is not appropriate for RPi) and leave it on.
BTW if you turning off your TV before you proper shut down XBian you can corrupt your SD card

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 25th Jan, 2013 06:59 PM

Just a little update here but you probably tried this before

you can try add this line into your /boot/config.txt located on your SD card

Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

How to avoid CEC auto switching to hdmi source on boot? - blueday - 28th Jan, 2013 04:08 AM

First of all, thank you very much for this fantastic build. i really love my RPi connected to my TV and to use it with xbian!

My RPi is connected to and powered by a Samsung TV via usb and hdmi. CEC is working perfectly, and everything is easily controlled by the tv remote.

But I do have one problem. When I power on the TV, then the RPi is also powered on. When the RPi gets power the TV automatically change the source to hdmi, and I can see the xbian booting. I switch back to TV and then after a minute or so the TV switches back to hdmi/xbian. This is quite frustrating.

Any ideas how to avoid the second switch to hdmi, and maybe also the first switch?

I already tried to put hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 into config.txt - no changes
Is there a chance to tell the xbian to not send a switch signal when booting?

Thanks
blueday

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - rikardo1979 - 28th Jan, 2013 05:42 AM

@blueday
I've merged your thread as this is already discussed here. Please follow the rules next time

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - jaromanda - 2nd Feb, 2013 09:33 AM

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 stopped working for me a few updates ago (both xbian and openelec by the way) - so, I think the issue may be in RPi firmware

my tv switches to RPi as soon as it boots, so it's definitely not the 'Make XBMC the active source when starting' option (which I have switched off) that is the problem

again - same problem in OpenELEC

RE: TV switching to xbian input at turn off - Niklas Kruse - 2nd May, 2013 12:52 AM

(2nd Feb, 2013 09:33 AM)jaromanda Wrote:  hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 stopped working for me a few updates ago (both xbian and openelec by the way) - so, I think the issue may be in RPi firmware

my tv switches to RPi as soon as it boots, so it's definitely not the 'Make XBMC the active source when starting' option (which I have switched off) that is the problem

again - same problem in OpenELEC
I got the exact same problem. Both turned off "Make XBMC the active source when starting" and put "hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1" into the config file.
The problem startet a couple of monthes ago, before that i had no problem with input switching.
I have the problem in both openelec,rasplex and xbian?