Forum
Dynamic device tree coming... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Dynamic device tree coming... (/thread-3533.html)

Dynamic device tree coming... - Skywatch - 21st Apr, 2016 06:29 AM

Seems that dynamic device tree is here!

This might be good news for people like me who need to run 2xRpi to have good stereo music on one dac and surround sound on another dac.

This will bring the possibility to change overlays on the fly.

I have asked for more info on this and we'll see where it goes, but it's a nice idea that might also lead to PNP on a pi.

RE: Dynamic device tree coming... - Skywatch - 6th May, 2016 04:29 AM

With DDT now working I would like to request that a feature be added to the menu system to allow swapping of I2S dac cards on the fly.....

Specifically, when in the kodi/system/audio menu 'passthrough' is selected an option is there to automatically load the appropriate DT overlay (currently either hifiberry-digi or hifiberry-digi+) as specified by the user (maybe a drop down menu witht the last selected DTO remembered?).

Then, when passthrough is deselected an option to load whatever dac driver is needed for another card, again as previously selected by the user.

I guess that all this could be added to xbian-config for setting the DTO for each situation (passthrough=on or passthrough=off).

I am assuming that cards mounted in parallel should all work like this and would be happy to test to see if it works.

Smile Smile Smile

RE: Dynamic device tree coming... - Nachteule - 6th May, 2016 04:57 AM

(6th May, 2016 04:29 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  I am assuming that cards mounted in parallel should all work like this and would be happy to test to see if it works.

Smile Smile Smile

1) First of all you have to check if you can mount more than one card at the same time.
2) Check if Kodi audio is working when you unload/load Overlay manually (stop Kodi, switch DAC, start Kodi)

Finally 1) and 2) is working, we can talk about this new feature Smile