Forum
[SOLVED] After updating yesterday... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] After updating yesterday... (/thread-3557.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: After updating yesterday... - ThePumisher - 20th Apr, 2017 06:09 AM

(20th Apr, 2017 05:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Hmmm, seems you have to reinstall system
Stupid question, but this also means to configure Kodi from scratch?

(20th Apr, 2017 05:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Before doing that, you could run

btrfs check /dev/mmcblk0p2

RE: After updating yesterday... - rikardo1979 - 20th Apr, 2017 06:12 AM

(20th Apr, 2017 06:09 AM)ThePumisher Wrote:  
(20th Apr, 2017 05:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Hmmm, seems you have to reinstall system
Stupid question, but this also means to configure Kodi from scratch?

(20th Apr, 2017 05:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Before doing that, you could run

btrfs check /dev/mmcblk0p2

more likely if you dont have a backup

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

RE: After updating yesterday... - Nachteule - 20th Apr, 2017 06:22 AM

Hmmm, Input/output error sounds not good, could be hardware failure (sd-card broken)

Sure, if you don't have backup you have to configure system completely again.

Btw, never heard anything from making backups? XBian has brilliant backup function, you can make schedule image backups so if you would have one restoring sys is quite simple: just reflashing sd card with that backup

RE: After updating yesterday... - ThePumisher - 22nd Apr, 2017 07:35 AM

(20th Apr, 2017 06:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Hmmm, Input/output error sounds not good, could be hardware failure (sd-card broken)

Ok, then i'll buy a new sd-card which i trust more than the one that was delivered with the Pi.

Thanks
ThePumisher

RE: After updating yesterday... - ThePumisher - 26th Apr, 2017 02:14 AM

Another update. Haven't bought a new sd-card yet, but just tried to reinstall Xbian on the old sd-card from my Win10-PC and even the computer can't do anything with the card.

TP

RE: After updating yesterday... - Nachteule - 26th Apr, 2017 06:02 AM

@ThePumisher

Very interesting, which sd-card are you using? Currently my Samsung sd-cards are dying like flies. All of them are still readable, but not writable. Unfortunately system does not recognize that failure and means everything is ok Dodgy

RE: After updating yesterday... - ThePumisher - 8th May, 2017 02:02 AM

(26th Apr, 2017 06:02 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Very interesting, which sd-card are you using? Currently my Samsung sd-cards are dying like flies. All of them are still readable, but not writable. Unfortunately system does not recognize that failure and means everything is ok Dodgy

The one that has come with my RP => https://abload.de/img/raspberry-pi-16gb-noozzjqd.jpg

Now i'm using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB (setting it up right now), have very very good experience with SD-Cards from Sandisk when using them since ages with my DSLR

RE: After updating yesterday... - Nachteule - 8th May, 2017 02:20 AM

(8th May, 2017 02:02 AM)ThePumisher Wrote:  The one that has come with my RP => https://abload.de/img/raspberry-pi-16gb-noozzjqd.jpg

Now i'm using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB (setting it up right now), have very very good experience with SD-Cards from Sandisk when using them since ages with my DSLR

Ah ok. Looks like a no-name sd-card Smile I did the same, switched to Sandisk too, bc my Sandisk card in Hummingboard is still alive Big Grin

RE: After updating yesterday... - Antonio - 18th May, 2020 09:27 PM

Thanks! That helps me too!