Forum
Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change (/thread-3567.html)

Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - YoYoost - 16th May, 2016 10:55 PM

Software
XBian version: XBian 20160406-0
XBMC/Kodi version: 16.1 Git:2016-04-26-f947039
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Power supply rating: 5V 2000mA
SD card: PNY 8BG Class 10 (boot) with Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 (root)
Network: Ethernet
Connected devices: TV Panasonic Viera and Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3

Hi,

I'm having a very minor issue with the notification\toast not updating while cycling trough subtitles or audio languages. The toast only updates when it disappears. It does not update the text when I cycle trough the subtitles multiple times. No difference during playback or pause.
This used to be smoothly on PI2. I tried setting the 'Limit GUI updates during playback' to unlimited but that didn't do anything differently.

In the same screen there is an option 'Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer' but that doenst do anything for this minor problem as well. (btw, what does this do? I can't find any documentation on this)

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? The rest of my XBian install is pretty much default.
Toasts\notifications of other addons are updating fine.

RE: Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - Nachteule - 17th May, 2016 12:10 AM

(16th May, 2016 10:55 PM)YoYoost Wrote:  I'm having a very minor issue with the notification\toast not updating while cycling trough subtitles or audio languages. The toast only updates when it disappears. It does not update the text when I cycle trough the subtitles multiple times. No difference during playback or pause.
This used to be smoothly on PI2. I tried setting the 'Limit GUI updates during playback' to unlimited but that didn't do anything differently.

Sorry, having absolutely no idea what you are meaning HuhHuhHuh
How can it be reproduced?

Quote:In the same screen there is an option 'Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer' but that doenst do anything for this minor problem as well. (btw, what does this do? I can't find any documentation on this)

Kodi at RPi has to players, the first (and older) is OMXPlayer, the second and standard is DVDPlayer (and uses MMAL acceleration if enabled). OMXPlayer is build in firmware and requires license for MPEG2 and VC-1 codecs and does not support ALSA sound. But IMO playing videos more smoothly.

Quote:Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? The rest of my XBian install is pretty much default.
Toasts\notifications of other addons are updating fine.

No, unfortunately no idea

RE: Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - IriDium - 17th May, 2016 03:26 AM

I've no idea what "toast" is either (Apart from slightly burnt bread)

Have you looked in the kodi.log? There might be something there.

RE: Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - Nachteule - 17th May, 2016 03:37 AM

(17th May, 2016 03:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  I've no idea what "toast" is either (Apart from slightly burnt bread)

IMO this are the message boxes in the lower right corner of the screen

RE: Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - IriDium - 18th May, 2016 03:24 AM

(17th May, 2016 03:37 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  
(17th May, 2016 03:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  I've no idea what "toast" is either (Apart from slightly burnt bread)

IMO this are the message boxes in the lower right corner of the screen

Well you are never too old to learn something new. Toast as in "pop up" from a toaster.

RE: Notification\Toast of subs or audio doesn't change - Nachteule - 18th May, 2016 03:34 AM

(18th May, 2016 03:24 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Well you are never too old to learn something new. Toast as in "pop up" from a toaster.

Good explanation Big Grin