Forum
[PROBLEM] Compiling Transmission 2.92 for RPI2 with Xbian - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Compiling Transmission 2.92 for RPI2 with Xbian (/thread-3586.html)

Compiling Transmission 2.92 for RPI2 with Xbian - ErickP - 10th Jun, 2016 07:05 AM

Good day,
the bittorrent client named Transmission is at version 2.84 on the xbian/debian repos and I cannot seem to find a release for version 2.92 (latest).
Question:
I want to compile transmission source to run on my RPI2. However not being a full time developer it seems a little difficult to follow Xbian tutorials for compiling apps because they assume its all GIT-based.

Some guidance for a novice programmer like me to install the build environment either on Debian 8.x on my pc or transform my Xbian rpi2 into a compiling device. Tutotial web links are welcomed.

I will read about how to create deb packages, but that is away from the simple purpose that is to run latest Transmission 2.92 for now.

Or perhaps you know where to download latest version for RPI?

Hopefully my experience will be documented in a simple tutorial.

thanks,

RE: Compiling Transmission 2.92 for RPI2 with Xbian - Nachteule - 10th Jun, 2016 08:34 AM

Why do you want to build you own Transmission?

I'm using 2.84 and don't see any need to upgrade this version

RE: Compiling Transmission 2.92 for RPI2 with Xbian - ErickP - 10th Jun, 2016 10:59 AM

(10th Jun, 2016 08:34 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Why do you want to build you own Transmission?

I'm using 2.84 and don't see any need to upgrade this version

no reason at all. Perhaps a learning experience? Note that I am not asking help on how to compile. Im asking for help on how to setup the compile environment.

RE: Compiling Transmission 2.92 for RPI2 with Xbian - Nachteule - 12th Jun, 2016 02:56 AM

(10th Jun, 2016 10:59 AM)ErickP Wrote:  no reason at all. Perhaps a learning experience? Note that I am not asking help on how to compile. Im asking for help on how to setup the compile environment.

Oh, that's great Exclamation

@ErickP
Do you know this Page?