Forum
[PROBLEM] long working message - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] long working message (/thread-3615.html)

long working message - KoninK - 19th Jun, 2016 06:15 AM

since a few weeks I've got a rpi3 with xbian, almost everything works except an irritating first world problem.
every time i want to play a file a pop up shows telling me kodi is working, this stays the same for about 2 minutes followed by an error message that playback has failed. when i then immediately play the file again, it starts without problems.

no big deal, but on an evening of watching multiple episodes it becomes annoying as hell.

if anyone encountered this before and has a solutions, please let me know.

k.r. Rik

RE: long working message - Nachteule - 19th Jun, 2016 07:52 AM

What kind of file do you want do play? If it is any stream on internet, it sounds like a dns problem

RE: long working message - f1vefour - 19th Jun, 2016 12:15 PM

A screenshot of the message or kodi log would be helpful Wink

RE: long working message - KoninK - 19th Jun, 2016 05:59 PM

All my files are on another pc on the network. All wired connections.
I will try to get a screenwriter of the message and the logfile.

Thanks for the quick response, too many times left in the dark as a first time poster on fora.

K.r. Rik

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

RE: long working message - rikardo1979 - 19th Jun, 2016 08:16 PM

where are your files located on the network?Some NAS drive? Do you have spin down on those HDDs set? As it looks that the drive is not ready when the files are accessed, hence the time delay

RE: long working message - Nachteule - 19th Jun, 2016 10:21 PM

(19th Jun, 2016 08:16 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  where are your files located on the network?Some NAS drive? Do you have spin down on those HDDs set? As it looks that the drive is not ready when the files are accessed, hence the time delay

I don't believe that this is the culprit. All my files are located on NAS, and disks are always spin down. Never had issues for years (all my shares on NAS are Samba shares and mounted via autofs). It only takes some moments longer until it starts.

long working message - KoninK - 20th Jun, 2016 05:00 AM

This is the message, will check the log later, it's movie time now, and the missus doesn't allow screens during the movie.

RE: long working message - Nachteule - 20th Jun, 2016 06:09 AM

Seems you are using Kodi Krypton from devel repo. This version is in early alpha state Exclamation

RE: long working message - rikardo1979 - 20th Jun, 2016 07:24 AM

as mentioned, if you reporting, always make. sure you use default and not custom builds, which makes it very hard if nit impossible to troubleshoot.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

RE: long working message - KoninK - 21st Jun, 2016 10:28 PM

I'm using kodi 16.1, so that shouldn't be a problem. I now have the problem that the kodi log uploader is giving me an error and tells me to check the log, wiseass log uploader, how am I going to do that. Will try a clean install and wish for the gods of no apparent correlation to grant me a fix for my problem.

RE: long working message - Nachteule - 22nd Jun, 2016 05:37 AM

(21st Jun, 2016 10:28 PM)KoninK Wrote:  kodi log uploader

What's that HuhHuhHuh