Forum
Fuseiso problem - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fuseiso problem (/thread-362.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Fuseiso problem - rikardo1979 - 8th Feb, 2013 12:05 AM

(7th Feb, 2013 11:56 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  ISO files have always worked fine here (when installing the MPG2 license of course).

yes, same here
was always working with licence. the menu can be still a bit tricky but basically is working fine here

RE: Fuseiso problem - TorodeFuegO - 8th Feb, 2013 12:06 AM

some ISO files do not work for me, even with license, that s why i need to mount them before

RE: Fuseiso problem - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2013 12:08 AM

I still don't understand the problem when you state this:
Quote:I tried with sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 myfile.iso /mount_dir and it works.

RE: Fuseiso problem - TorodeFuegO - 8th Feb, 2013 12:14 AM

the fact is that i can mount iso files using "mount". But it needs sudo password
With fuseiso, one can mount an ISO file being basic user which is more smart for developping an addon.
I have wroten a script to mount iso files with fuseiso, but can't use it on my raspberry because fuseiso does not work on xbian.
The script works well on laptop in xbmc.

regards

RE: Fuseiso problem - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2013 12:19 AM

But the workaround posted by Koenkk fixes this issue right? So why still prefer fuseiso over mount?

RE: Fuseiso problem - rikardo1979 - 8th Feb, 2013 12:22 AM

(8th Feb, 2013 12:14 AM)TorodeFuegO Wrote:  the fact is that i can mount iso files using "mount". But it needs sudo password
With fuseiso, one can mount an ISO file being basic user which is more smart for developping an addon.
I have wroten a script to mount iso files with fuseiso, but can't use it on my raspberry because fuseiso does not work on xbian.
The script works well on laptop in xbmc.

regards

i still dont understand why you want to mount is as it works just my locating the ISO file and clicking on it
unless you have some weird iso/codec what wont play on RPi

I have tested like 10+ iso's now and all plays fine

RE: Fuseiso problem - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2013 12:25 AM

We just have to believe him that he has issues with some ISO files. However, i don't understand why fuseiso is that much more preferable then mount with the workaround posted by Koenkk.

RE: Fuseiso problem - TorodeFuegO - 8th Feb, 2013 12:39 AM

Koenkk's workaround can do the job but as I am a little bit stubborn, i wanted to try to solve fuseiso problem
it should work, shouldn't it?

RE: Fuseiso problem - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2013 12:56 AM

Don't know, at least not my highest priority when mount works.

RE: Fuseiso problem - Koenkk - 8th Feb, 2013 07:47 PM

What is the exact problem with fuseiso?

RE: Fuseiso problem - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2013 07:50 PM

I was wondering, does mount also need root permissions if you mount an iso as xbian user to an xbian owned folder?

RE: Fuseiso problem - TorodeFuegO - 11th Feb, 2013 06:08 PM

(8th Feb, 2013 07:47 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  What is the exact problem with fuseiso?

it hangs and never give the hand back. File is not mounted.
I tried both package binary and compiled from source, the result is the same.
I would be nice that someone tries fuseiso to see if it comes from my settings or if it is a real problem.