Forum
[SOLVED] HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E (/thread-363.html)

HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - Rudy76 - 30th Jan, 2013 05:52 AM

Hi,

I am terrible sorry for this question, its a newbie one. I just went through whole forum as well I tried to search it on Google but I cannot find an answer anywhere.

I am trying to find out which key on my Panasonic remote is mapped to contextual menu in xbian's xbmc. All buttons including colored ones are working through CEC however I can't find which one is tight to contextual menu.

I tried one key after another - for once I was able to display that menu - but I was unable to repeat it :/ I tried to connect as well my Pinnacle IR unit and did the navigation with MCE Remote however even there I cannot find that proper key.

Can you please tell me which key is usually tight to that option and if I need to press it for longer.

Thank you,
-= Rudy

RE: HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - rikardo1979 - 30th Jan, 2013 06:04 AM

on panasonic remote you find it under Option button
than you will see small window on left side of screen where you chose Setup and the context meny should show
hope this going to work for u
Cool

RE: HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - Rudy76 - 30th Jan, 2013 06:16 AM

(30th Jan, 2013 06:04 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  on panasonic remote you find it under Option button
than you will see small window on left side of screen where you chose Setup and the context meny should show
Cool

Thank you Rikardo Smile This was exactly what I was looking for and it works flawlessly Smile

Is there any easy way how to map it to other key? There are many keys that are unused and might be mapped to it.

Once more, thank you Smile you just made my day.
-= Rudy

RE: HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - rikardo1979 - 30th Jan, 2013 06:37 AM

(30th Jan, 2013 06:16 AM)Rudy76 Wrote:  
(30th Jan, 2013 06:04 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  on panasonic remote you find it under Option button
Cool

Thank you Rikardo Smile This was exactly what I was looking for and it works flawlessly Smile

Is there any easy way how to map it to other key? There are many keys that are unused and might be mapped to it.

Once more, thank you Smile you just made my day.
-= Rudy
there is a way to map the function to any key you prefer but keep in mind that some keys are dedicated just to the TV and you can't use them! Also there are some keys what have different use in different state of the XBMC, so means if you are in home screen the key may have one function where in playback it might do something else.
You can map the keys in remote.xml
Please check the link Wink

BTW if you like to thank to anyone on forum than just simply hit Click to thank! on the actual post Wink

RE: HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - SevaUA - 27th Mar, 2013 07:45 PM

(30th Jan, 2013 05:52 AM)Rudy76 Wrote:  Hi,

I am terrible sorry for this question, its a newbie one. I just went through whole forum as well I tried to search it on Google but I cannot find an answer anywhere.

I am trying to find out which key on my Panasonic remote is mapped to contextual menu in xbian's xbmc. All buttons including colored ones are working through CEC however I can't find which one is tight to contextual menu.

I tried one key after another - for once I was able to display that menu - but I was unable to repeat it :/ I tried to connect as well my Pinnacle IR unit and did the navigation with MCE Remote however even there I cannot find that proper key.

Can you please tell me which key is usually tight to that option and if I need to press it for longer.

Thank you,
-= Rudy

I have the same problem with LG 32LV4500, can you help me too?

Re: HDMI CEC and Panasonic TX-50V10E - rikardo1979 - 28th Mar, 2013 04:13 AM

@SevaUA so what is your problem exactly ? As I'm not sure what you looking for cos I think that if you follow the above you should be able to map the buttons if that is what you are looking for