Forum
[PROBLEM] no network tab to enable wifi - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] no network tab to enable wifi (/thread-3645.html)

Pages: 1 2

no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 3rd Jul, 2016 03:10 AM

I recently upgraded xbian to install kodi krypton alpha 2. Everything was perfect but then i realised there is no network tab or setting which could list the available wifi . I know it's a testing version but i would really like to have that feature. Please help me out of this Huh

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 3rd Jul, 2016 07:50 AM

This is not Krypton issue

I tested a bit and found two issues, but they occur under special circumstances only:

1) if a very long wpa-psk key is used, network settings are greyed out completely [1]
2) Search for WLAN networks works only if wlan device is last in the list of networks

You can check list of network devices by issuing command

Terminal

sudo xbian-config network list

[1] already fixed and uploaded new package xbian-package-config-shell

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 3rd Jul, 2016 03:21 PM

I appreciate your help,
I can run it in the background but Iam not that good with the front end so Iam not able to create a dedicated tab which could list all the available wlan's. Also I would like to know if Xbian is planning to release the krypton alpha 2 anytime soon with all the features?

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 3rd Jul, 2016 09:05 PM

Sorry, I absolutely do not understand what you want to have HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

(3rd Jul, 2016 03:21 PM)shub Wrote:  I appreciate your help,
I can run it in the background but Iam not that good with the front end so Iam not able to create a dedicated tab which could list all the available wlan's. Also I would like to know if Xbian is planning to release the krypton alpha 2 anytime soon with all the features?

Where do you want to create a dedicated tab?

What features do you mean?

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 3rd Jul, 2016 11:01 PM

(3rd Jul, 2016 09:05 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  Sorry, I absolutely do not understand what you want to have HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

(3rd Jul, 2016 03:21 PM)shub Wrote:  I appreciate your help,

Where do you want to create a dedicated tab?

What features do you mean?

Sorry for that. Sad I'll give you a brief.

I installed Xbian latest version which comes with kodi jarvis 16.1 on raspeberry pi 3, then I upgraded it using the command "sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade" . Now there is no option from where i can select the available wlan's. This feature is available in libreelec. Iam providing you the screenshot below for a complete understanding. Please note that before you crossfire me asking to shift to libreelec as it already has the feature i would like to clear that Iam a Xbian fan and iam not planning to migrate.
(note: Image is provided only for reference.)

When you click the "libreelec" tab, you get a list of available wifi's at home. I just want to have this on Xbian.

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 3rd Jul, 2016 11:53 PM

Ok, understood Idea

XBian setting is on a different place

Go to Settings->XBian->System and voila, there you can manage your network settings Shy

HTH

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 4th Jul, 2016 12:09 AM

Hey Nachteule,
I have checked it completely and there is no such XBian tab . Yes it was there in Jarvis 16.1 but when i upgraded to Krypton 17 Alpha 2 it just vanished. Sad
Is there any other update through which I can get this option ?? Huh

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 4th Jul, 2016 12:24 AM

Uhh, my fault. I have this patch only on my local dev system Sad

Yes, there is an alternative: click Addons tab and then under Program addons you will find XBian-Config

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 4th Jul, 2016 01:50 AM

Could you please share your code with me? If you dont mind. Iam in real need of this

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 4th Jul, 2016 02:11 AM

Sure

Code:
diff --git a/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml b/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml
index 66391a6..1ae9803 100644
--- a/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml
+++ b/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml
@@ -138,6 +138,11 @@
                                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(SystemSettings)</onclick>
                                        <icon>icons/settings/system.png</icon>
                                </item>
+                                <item>
+                                        <label>XBian</label>
+                                        <onclick>RunAddon(plugin.xbianconfig)</onclick>
+                                        <icon>icons/settings/system.png</icon>
+                                </item>
                                <item>
                                        <label>$LOCALIZE[138]</label>
                                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(systeminfo)</onclick>

The file (Settings.ml) to patch is in /usr/local/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/1080i

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 4th Jul, 2016 03:55 PM

(4th Jul, 2016 02:11 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Sure

Code:
diff --git a/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml b/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml
index 66391a6..1ae9803 100644
--- a/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml
+++ b/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Settings.xml
@@ -138,6 +138,11 @@
                                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(SystemSettings)</onclick>
                                        <icon>icons/settings/system.png</icon>
                                </item>
+                                <item>
+                                        <label>XBian</label>
+                                        <onclick>RunAddon(plugin.xbianconfig)</onclick>
+                                        <icon>icons/settings/system.png</icon>
+                                </item>
                                <item>
                                        <label>$LOCALIZE[138]</label>
                                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(systeminfo)</onclick>

The file (Settings.ml) to patch is in /usr/local/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/1080i

VOILAH........It worked.
Thank you so much, you've been so helpful Smile Xbian rocks.

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 4th Jul, 2016 08:47 PM

Nice to hear. Thanks for your feedback Smile

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 5th Jul, 2016 04:45 PM

Can i ask you for one more favour? I want to find the location of Xbian logo, i have my own customised favourite logo which i want to display wherever the Xbian logo is.

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 5th Jul, 2016 08:53 PM

Do you mean logo in splash screen?

It is in package xbian-package-splash and stored in folder /usr/local/lib/splash

HTH

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - shub - 7th Jul, 2016 02:57 AM

Yes, the one on the splash screen.
I found the logo in /usr/local/lib/splash and replaced it , but it just replaces the "X" part of logo, the other yellow background still exists. Sad