Forum
[PROBLEM] no network tab to enable wifi - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] no network tab to enable wifi (/thread-3645.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 7th Jul, 2016 03:39 AM

Hmmm, I suppose this is hardcoded.

Probably you have to rewrite splash

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - redjeep0 - 30th Aug, 2019 03:34 PM

Wow, I have just installed 18.3 and I had the hardest time finding where to configure the wifi. I'm a complete newbie to this, but finally found the network eth0 had up and down carrots and needed to be changed to wlan0 and then I could scan for networks with my rpi3.

I think that could be made a little easier for the non-linux users.

(30th Aug, 2019 03:34 PM)redjeep0 Wrote:  Wow, I have just installed 18.3 and I had the hardest time finding where to configure the wifi. I'm a complete newbie to this, but finally found the network eth0 had up and down carrots and needed to be changed to wlan0 and then I could scan for networks with my rpi3.

I realize this is the wrong thread, but I can't post a new thread, yet and this is the closest I could find. Hopefully this helps someone else?

RE: no network tab to enable wifi - Nachteule - 31st Aug, 2019 04:18 AM

(30th Aug, 2019 03:34 PM)redjeep0 Wrote:  Wow, I have just installed 18.3 and I had the hardest time finding where to configure the wifi. I'm a complete newbie to this, but finally found the network eth0 had up and down carrots and needed to be changed to wlan0 and then I could scan for networks with my rpi3.

This has nothing to do with Linux.

Btw, there is a easy way to setup wlan before initial boot:

Prepare a wpa_supplicant.conf file and put it into the boot partition, as described for example here, Step 4. Add network info

That's it Big Grin

Quote:

I realize this is the wrong thread, but I can't post a new thread, yet and this is the closest I could find. Hopefully this helps someone else?

Now you can create new threads Smile