Forum
Update log - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Update log (/thread-3700.html)

Update log - supernano - 31st Jul, 2016 06:37 PM

When I try to update my packages through xbian-config in Kodi it's failing. I can update through ssh but I would like to see why it's failing in Kodi. Is there an xbian-config log somewhere?

RE: Update log - Skywatch - 31st Jul, 2016 08:51 PM

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

You can also try /home/xbian/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

RE: Update log - Nachteule - 31st Jul, 2016 09:30 PM

(31st Jul, 2016 06:37 PM)supernano Wrote:  When I try to update my packages through xbian-config in Kodi it's failing. I can update through ssh but I would like to see why it's failing in Kodi. Is there an xbian-config log somewhere?

@supernano

Yes, there is. All outputs of recent update process via apt-get is stored in file /tmp/aptstatus (it's the same output you should see in the message box you can hide into background)

RE: Update log - Nachteule - 31st Jul, 2016 09:56 PM

(31st Jul, 2016 08:51 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

You can also try /home/xbian/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

FYI: in kodi.log are unfortunately NO messages from apt-get process. You only can find log messages which are written from xbian-config code by xbmc.log or print statements explicitly.

RE: Update log - Skywatch - 1st Aug, 2016 03:33 AM

Ah, OK - I was just trying to be helpful!

RE: Update log - Nachteule - 1st Aug, 2016 09:14 AM

(1st Aug, 2016 03:33 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Ah, OK - I was just trying to be helpful!

Yes, I know. Any help is appreciated

RE: Update log - supernano - 2nd Aug, 2016 05:50 PM

(31st Jul, 2016 09:30 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  Yes, there is. All outputs of recent update process via apt-get is stored in file /tmp/aptstatus (it's the same output you should see in the message box you can hide into background)

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted. It had some extra error info that wasn't coming up in the message box. I'm still not sure why I'm getting this error, but I'll use another thread for that.

RE: Update log - Nachteule - 3rd Aug, 2016 05:29 AM

(2nd Aug, 2016 05:50 PM)supernano Wrote:  Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted. It had some extra error info that wasn't coming up in the message box. I'm still not sure why I'm getting this error, but I'll use another thread for that.

Probably because of asynchronous update of messages and checking if apt-get has been finished (this are 2 different threads).

Are those missing messages at the end of /tmp/aptstatus file?

RE: Update log - supernano - 3rd Aug, 2016 05:49 AM

(3rd Aug, 2016 05:29 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Are those missing messages at the end of /tmp/aptstatus file?

The unmet dependencies error was at the end of the aptstatus file. The same message also appears if I try to update using the ssh version of xbian-config. But if I just use apt-get upgrade, it doesn't display an error, it just says it didn't update 4 packages (all the libcec related ones).
The sources.list duplicate entry warning only comes up when I run apt-update. It doesn't come up in xbian-config or in the aptstatus file.