Forum
[PROBLEM] Can't play most of my videos - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Can't play most of my videos (/thread-376.html)

Can't play most of my videos - Puntoboy - 1st Feb, 2013 01:42 AM

1. First of all, we need to know what version of XBian you running on your Raspberry Pi
XBMC 12.0-RC1 Git:20121212-afbae11 XBian version 1.0a4

2. Is your system Overclocked the other way than XBian default or Turbo mode enabled ? If yes, please provide your OC settings
No.

3. What is your power supply power rating. This helps to eliminate the power related issues in process of troubleshooting
Power from USB port on TV

4. Do you have any device connected to USB ports of RPi ? This only applies to direct connection, without external self powered USB Hub
Logitech DiNovo Mini Keyboard wireless receiver

5. How is your RPi connected to the network ? LAN or wireless
LAN connected to a Gigabit switch

6. What SD Card you using ? Model, size. All possible information
Transcend 4GB SDHC

7. Provide the appropriate log file
http://pastebin.com/MuNVWSvC

The problem I am having with my setup is that most of my MKV files will not play in some way or another. I think I've only found one that plays. Some play the audio but the screen is black, some of them the counter comes up but the screen still shows the movie list.

So far I've found that any AVI or standard MPEG2 files appear to play OK.

Any ideas?

RE: Can't play most of my videos - Koenkk - 1st Feb, 2013 01:46 AM

Can you try upgrading to XBMC 12 Final first? http://forum.xbian.org/thread-370.html

RE: Can't play most of my videos - Puntoboy - 1st Feb, 2013 01:48 AM

Ahh I wasn't aware there was an update as when I SSH'd to the Pi it said no updates available. I will do this. The firmware of my Raspberry hasn't been updated since I bought it (during release) last year. Is that an issue?

RE: Can't play most of my videos - namtih - 1st Feb, 2013 02:16 AM

(1st Feb, 2013 01:48 AM)Puntoboy Wrote:  The firmware of my Raspberry hasn't been updated since I bought it (during release) last year. Is that an issue?

Yes, definitely possible as it controls most of the basic funtions of the Rpi and also contains the video codec abilities for example. But when you follow the instructions of the thread Koenkk has already pointed to, you will also receive an up-to-date firmware as this is only a file in the /boot directory.
So give it a try and cross the fingers Wink

RE: Can't play most of my videos - Puntoboy - 1st Feb, 2013 02:17 AM

Thanks. I've just performed the update but I'm afraid it's still the same.

RE: Can't play most of my videos - Koenkk - 1st Feb, 2013 03:05 AM

Can you share a sample of the video?

Re: Can't play most of my videos - rikardo1979 - 1st Feb, 2013 03:15 AM

yes,make a short sample of the file and send us the link where to download.
just dont post here !send it over PM's
-thx-

RE: Can't play most of my videos - namtih - 1st Feb, 2013 03:19 AM

I just saw that you power your Rpi through the USB port of your TV. The Rpi needs about 750mA to work properly and I think most USB ports will not deliver such an amount of power.
So if it's possible for you, could you perhaps test another power supply like for example from a mobile phone? It will need minimum about 1A and 5V.

RE: Can't play most of my videos - Puntoboy - 1st Feb, 2013 04:06 AM

I'll try and get a sample of the video file.

I'll also try a new PSU.

Cheers.

RE: Can't play most of my videos - Puntoboy - 1st Feb, 2013 09:30 PM

OK, new PSU tried but still no luck.

What's the best way to split the MKV file? I've just tried one program but it did something to the outputted file that make it work on the Pi so obviously no good to test.