Forum
[SOLVED] Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: PVR + Live TV (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver (/thread-3774.html)

Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - howdy - 5th Sep, 2016 05:25 AM

Hi,

yesterday I was a lucky guy, because I get to manage the problems with Hd Live Tv channel streams.
About half a year I tried to optimize the config for Xbian Kodi PVR Iptv Simple client with my Raspberry Pi 3 and Iptv source from the Fritz Dvbc receiver.

Problems PVR Iptv Simple client
- channel switching about 10sec
- Kodi freezes
- no EPG

A really low performance in combination with my Fritz Dvbc receiver. Angry

But yesterday a tried to get Tvheadend working. No problem at all. In older Xbian releases there was only Tvheadend 3.9 available in the xbian-config console. This version is rather buggy and not to recommend.

But in the Kodi v17 Alpha2 release you have Tvheadend 4.1!

So I did it:

1. make sure you have minimum Kodi v17 Alpha2 release installed (activate develop source in your xbian source list)
2. Log in via Ssh and open xbian-config
3. Go to package management and look for video, there you find tvheadend, install it
4. Check if tvheadend is running in Service list, otherwise Restart service tvheadend
5. Go to the Ip address of your device (in my case Raspberry Pi 3) and add the port number 9981 for example 192.168.1.3:9981
6. Follow the installation guide of tvheadend, you see that version 4.1 is installed via Xbian-config
7. I recommend to set a admin password for tvheadend
7. then open your Kodi Gui and search for the Pvr Addon tvheadend client and install it
8. configure the tvheadend client and activate as Tv addon for your Kodi Live Tv
9. set your tvheadend admin user and password in the credentials of the tvheadend client
10. important: set your Ip address that your device is using, 127.0.0.1 is NOT working
11. reboot Kodi and check if Tv is available
12. have fun with great channel switching performance <3sec for german Hd channels and Epg Guide data

Please google how to configure tvheadend with muxes, services and channels, this might be confusing for the first time. But it works, trust me Smile

Thank you for adding the update for tvheadend in xbian packages!!
Now its working like a charm! Watching tv is fun again!

Raspberry Pi 3 with LAN connection
Dvbc receiver device LAN coonection (Rtsp stream)
Xbian develop release Xbmc/Kodi package v17Alpha2
Tvheadend 4.1 package via xbian-config installed (Htsp stream)

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - Nachteule - 5th Sep, 2016 10:30 PM

@howdy

Interesting setup Smile

Oh yes, PVR Iptv Simple client is a real pain.

Is Kodi v17 really needed?

Btw, tvheadend 4.1 package is built for a long time (> 9 months), I tried switching from vdr to tvheadend end of last year (better support of EPG running flag for recordings), but unfortunately timeshift is still crap so I returned to vdr.

Does timeshift work in your configuration?

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - howdy - 8th Sep, 2016 12:36 AM

I remember that it was Tvheadend version 3.9 in Kodi 16.

I have not tried timeshift. I tried recording but the live stream got worse. Do I'll have to enable 2 streams in tvheadend? Actually I have max 1 stream in config. Possibly the reason?

Do you recommend using vdr?

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - Nachteule - 8th Sep, 2016 02:49 AM

(8th Sep, 2016 12:36 AM)howdy Wrote:  I remember that it was Tvheadend version 3.9 in Kodi 16.

I have not tried timeshift. I tried recording but the live stream got worse. Do I'll have to enable 2 streams in tvheadend? Actually I have max 1 stream in config. Possibly the reason?

You was recording and show live stream at the same time (different channels)? [1]

Can you define 'worse' in this case

If [1] is true I suppose you get bandwith problem.

Quote:Do you recommend using vdr?

For using timeshift with 'normal' dvb devices yes, but I do not know how or if vdr works with rtsp streams

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - howdy - 8th Sep, 2016 05:38 AM

Quote:Can you define 'worse' in this case

Stream freezes

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - Nachteule - 8th Sep, 2016 07:15 PM

Ah ok. I think tvheadend forum is better place for getting help

Found this here:

"
The AVM DVB-C device has two tuners but can only provide one stream per device (identified by the IP). Limiting the number of input streams avoids conflicts with parallel playings/recordings, epg grabber and service mapper.

"

Seems livetv and recording can not be used at the same time

RE: Raspberry Pi 3 Xbian HD Tv Tvheadend Fritz Dvbc Receiver - Desy166 - 20th Nov, 2017 10:28 PM

It's good that there are such reviews! Thanks to them, I learn a lot of new things!
bitpim alternative