Forum
[SOLVED] Networkproblems after switching to FritzBox - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Networkproblems after switching to FritzBox (/thread-3885.html)

Networkproblems after switching to FritzBox - Frank - 24th Feb, 2017 06:45 AM

Hi @all,

I am using two PI's and a synology server connected by cable for years and never had any trouble. Now, I am changed my internet speed and get a new router (FritzBox6490) from my provider and the troubles began.

Now I couldn't connect from both PI's to my diskstation... either via NFS or SMB... And I don't get why...

I reinstalled one of the PI's and for one time the connection work. I could connect via SMB (not by NFS), add my videos and did a reboot. After that, the connection to the server didn't work anymore...

I connect via putty to the PI and also a ping to the server is not working.

Did anyone has an idea what is going wrong now?

Regards

Frank

RE: Networkproblems after switching to FritzBox - ssakata - 24th Feb, 2017 10:26 AM

(24th Feb, 2017 06:45 AM)Frank Wrote:  Hi @all,

I am using two PI's and a synology server connected by cable for years and never had any trouble. Now, I am changed my internet speed and get a new router (FritzBox6490) from my provider and the troubles began.

Now I couldn't connect from both PI's to my diskstation... either via NFS or SMB... And I don't get why...

I reinstalled one of the PI's and for one time the connection work. I could connect via SMB (not by NFS), add my videos and did a reboot. After that, the connection to the server didn't work anymore...

I connect via putty to the PI and also a ping to the server is not working.

Did anyone has an idea what is going wrong now?

Regards

Frank

Are you assigning IP addresses to the Pi's and the synology server by DHCP or using static addresses for them? Anyway, you might want to do the following things:

1. Make sure that the ethernet or Wifi of each of the Pi's is correctly configured, and a valid IP address is assigned to it.
2. Check the same for the synology station.
3. If you are using static addresses for the Pi's and the server, make sure that the static addresses are not in the IP address range reserved for the dynamic assignments by DHCP (Some routers separate the IP addresses into the static range and the dynamic range).

Good luck.

RE: Networkproblems after switching to FritzBox - Frank - 25th Feb, 2017 02:07 AM

Hi ssakata,

Th DHCP adresses will be done from the router, and there I do them static adresses. With the new Fritzbox the adresses changed from the previous 192.168.0.* to 192.168.178.*.

I checked the IP adresses at the PI's and also at the DiskStation and don't mind any mistakes. If I am typing the IP Adress of the Diskstatioin to the browser address line I can reach it and do any work. If ping with the same IP adress in command line I get no response either in Windows as at the PI...

I don't know what is going wrong here... Maybe someone else has an idea?

Greats

Frank

Found the error,

somwhow the firewall was switched on at the diskstation... i turned it off and everything is working fine!

Greats

Frank!

RE: Networkproblems after switching to FritzBox - ssakata - 25th Feb, 2017 08:43 AM

(25th Feb, 2017 02:07 AM)Frank Wrote:  Hi ssakata,

Th DHCP adresses will be done from the router, and there I do them static adresses. With the new Fritzbox the adresses changed from the previous 192.168.0.* to 192.168.178.*.

I checked the IP adresses at the PI's and also at the DiskStation and don't mind any mistakes. If I am typing the IP Adress of the Diskstatioin to the browser address line I can reach it and do any work. If ping with the same IP adress in command line I get no response either in Windows as at the PI...

I don't know what is going wrong here... Maybe someone else has an idea?

Greats

Frank

Found the error,

somwhow the firewall was switched on at the diskstation... i turned it off and everything is working fine!

Greats

Frank!
Glad that you've resolved the problem.