Forum
New skin with Wunderground problem.... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+---- Forum: Addons (/forum-19.html)
+---- Thread: New skin with Wunderground problem.... (/thread-3892.html)

New skin with Wunderground problem.... - Skywatch - 30th Mar, 2017 04:35 AM

This last week or so I have been getting messages from weather underground that I am exceeding 500 hits a day and therefore get a 'raindrops' penalty from them. I have 4 xbian installs now and so this surprised me.

I have posted about this on the Kodi forum and it seems that the likely culprit is the new skin that Xbian is using as this is the only thing that has changed.

So can someone look into this and see if there is a solution please? I can go back to confulence and I also have the option to use yahoo weather instead, but I'd like to keep things common amongst xbain installs as much as possible.

Thanks Big Grin

RE: New skin with Wunderground problem.... - Nachteule - 30th Mar, 2017 05:46 AM

(30th Mar, 2017 04:35 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  This last week or so I have been getting messages from weather underground that I am exceeding 500 hits a day and therefore get a 'raindrops' penalty from them. I have 4 xbian installs now and so this surprised me.

Oops, having also 4 devices running and (crossing fingers) no issue with WU Angel Probably because of devices are offline ((w)lan completely disabled) when they are not used.

Quote:I have posted about this on the Kodi forum and it seems that the likely culprit is the new skin that Xbian is using as this is the only thing that has changed.

To clarify this point: XBian does not use special skin, it's using the f.....ng standard skin shipped with Kodi.
I was posting my opinion about this skin, especially the crappy home screen - but unfortunately it is like it is Sad

Quote:
So can someone look into this and see if there is a solution please? I can go back to confulence and I also have the option to use yahoo weather instead, but I'd like to keep things common amongst xbain installs as much as possible.

No solution available, sorry. It is the weather widget at the home screen, seems weather is requested too often by this widget. Maybe it can be solved in WU weather addon

RE: New skin with Wunderground problem.... - Skywatch - 30th Mar, 2017 05:55 AM

@Nachteule

Thanks for the fast response. Yes it seems that each half hour it uses 4 'hits' to get a weather update per machine. It soon mounts up!

I have looked into the addon but I cannot see any way to reduce the frequency of weather updates and here in the UK the weather changes so rapidly that hourly would be a minimum!

I guess that a weather symbol/forecast on the main home screen is what is doing it regardless of the fact that the pi is not being 'used'. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I think it would be easiest to go back to yahoo weather on all xbian machines. Shame as I like Wunderground, but if it is going to be a problem then it is time it was going too! Wink

Never a dull moment with Kodi! Smile

RE: New skin with Wunderground problem.... - Nachteule - 30th Mar, 2017 07:08 AM

(30th Mar, 2017 05:55 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  @Nachteule

Thanks for the fast response. Yes it seems that each half hour it uses 4 'hits' to get a weather update per machine. It soon mounts up!

I have looked into the addon but I cannot see any way to reduce the frequency of weather updates and here in the UK the weather changes so rapidly that hourly would be a minimum!

LOL Big Grin

Quote:I guess that a weather symbol/forecast on the main home screen is what is doing it regardless of the fact that the pi is not being 'used'. Very frustrating.

Yeah, agree. It's the widget on home screen

Quote:Anyway, I think it would be easiest to go back to yahoo weather on all xbian machines. Shame as I like Wunderground, but if it is going to be a problem then it is time it was going too! Wink

What about OpenWeatherMap Extended?

IMO it's a good alternative to WU, using it for myself sometimes, if WU does not shows me a good weather forecast Tongue

RE: New skin with Wunderground problem.... - zetisonu - 12th Jun, 2023 06:47 PM

(30th Mar, 2017 04:35 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  This last week or so I have been getting messages from weather underground that I am exceeding 500 hits a day and therefore get a 'raindrops' penalty from them. I have 4 xbian installs now and so this surprised me.

I have posted about this on the Kodi forum and it seems that the likely culprit is the new skin that Xbian is using as this is the only thing that has changed. chess online

Thanks Big Grin
One such area that has witnessed significant advancements is skincare. The introduction of new skin treatments and products promises to address numerous dermatological concerns, providing individuals with healthier and more radiant skin.