Forum
[SOLVED] Update to xbian-package-repo wiped all other apt sources - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Update to xbian-package-repo wiped all other apt sources (/thread-3925.html)

Update to xbian-package-repo wiped all other apt sources - palswim - 7th Sep, 2017 03:10 PM

I had been running my XBian system with some additional apt sources, and had managed to have everything in good working order. However, after my latest update, I noticed that all files in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory had vanished, except for the xbian.list files. I know my latest update included xbian-package-repo, so I'm pretty sure the installation of that package caused the deletion of every non-XBian source.

Did this happen by design? If so, did this happen because of the problem with the mountall package?

I can re-add my additional repositories, but I don't want to have to battle with XBian updates removing the files for those sources constantly.

RE: Update to xbian-package-repo wiped all other apt sources - Nachteule - 7th Sep, 2017 08:46 PM

(7th Sep, 2017 03:10 PM)palswim Wrote:  I had been running my XBian system with some additional apt sources, and had managed to have everything in good working order. However, after my latest update, I noticed that all files in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory had vanished, except for the xbian.list files. I know my latest update included xbian-package-repo, so I'm pretty sure the installation of that package caused the deletion of every non-XBian source.

Did this happen by design? If so, did this happen because of the problem with the mountall package?

No, that should never happen, xbian-package-repo contains and modifies xbian.list in this folder only

Quote:I can re-add my additional repositories, but I don't want to have to battle with XBian updates removing the files for those sources constantly.

Just made a test: I put another file into this folder and reinstalled xbian-package-repo, but this file still is there and remains untouched

RE: Update to xbian-package-repo wiped all other apt sources - palswim - 8th Sep, 2017 10:07 AM

(7th Sep, 2017 08:46 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  
(7th Sep, 2017 03:10 PM)palswim Wrote:  I had been running my XBian system with some additional apt sources, and had managed to have everything in good working order. However, after my latest update, I noticed that all files in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory had vanished, except for the xbian.list files. I know my latest update included xbian-package-repo, so I'm pretty sure the installation of that package caused the deletion of every non-XBian source.

No, that should never happen, xbian-package-repo contains and modifies xbian.list in this folder only

Quote:I can re-add my additional repositories, but I don't want to have to battle with XBian updates removing the files for those sources constantly.

Just made a test: I put another file into this folder and reinstalled xbian-package-repo, but this file still is there and remains untouched

I apologize; I checked the folder again later and those files appeared as I had left them. I don't know what I did to cause me to think those files had vanished. If I could delete this thread, I would.

In short, no issue.

RE: Update to xbian-package-repo wiped all other apt sources - Nachteule - 8th Sep, 2017 07:36 PM

(8th Sep, 2017 10:07 AM)palswim Wrote:  I apologize; I checked the folder again later and those files appeared as I had left them. I don't know what I did to cause me to think those files had vanished. If I could delete this thread, I would.

In short, no issue.

No problem, there is no need to delete this thread Shy Set it to solved