Forum
Secure Kodi (HTTPS) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Secure Kodi (HTTPS) (/thread-3960.html)

Secure Kodi (HTTPS) - joehc - 9th Feb, 2018 11:35 PM

Hello

Im not sure this is the right place to ask, but here goes. I have been using xbian on my raspberry pi 3 for a while, and im loving it ofc. I was about to start using a remote control app on my android (Yatse or Kore), where I noticed that all that traffic was over HTTP and there is not a option to choose HTTPS.

Im quite sure that a lot of people has asked this before, but I cant seem to find a proper guide for it: but is it possible somehow to setup an environment so that all the traffic from/to Kodi is over HTTPS (including the remote control apps)? Im not talking about VPNs.

Is there a clean/simple solution or a more hacky one?

thanks in advance

/Joe

RE: Secure Kodi (HTTPS) - Nachteule - 10th Feb, 2018 02:39 AM

(9th Feb, 2018 11:35 PM)joehc Wrote:  Hello

Im not sure this is the right place to ask, but here goes. I have been using xbian on my raspberry pi 3 for a while, and im loving it ofc. I was about to start using a remote control app on my android (Yatse or Kore), where I noticed that all that traffic was over HTTP and there is not a option to choose HTTPS.

It's not the right place, better you visit the official Kodi forum

Quote:Im quite sure that a lot of people has asked this before, but I cant seem to find a proper guide for it: but is it possible somehow to setup an environment so that all the traffic from/to Kodi is over HTTPS (including the remote control apps)? Im not talking about VPNs.

I don't think that there are a lot of people already asking for HTTPS support, but again, Kodi forum is a better place for this discussion