Forum
[SOLVED] Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+ - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+ (/thread-3968.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+ - Roy Terhaar - 20th Mar, 2018 09:23 AM

(20th Mar, 2018 09:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  
(20th Mar, 2018 09:13 AM)Roy Terhaar Wrote:  Any other things that I need to do after rebooting?

Yes Smile
You can revert changes in file update-initramfs ...
... and after reverting changes in xbian-arch, you can check output of xbian-arch and xbian-arch revision again

Ok. Thanks so far for the help. I will continue tomorrow, make your suggested changes and check if everything is back in working order including the mount of the USB disks.
I still have no clue what happened to my system, since the only thing I have done (and so many times before) is using gui xbian-config to execute the updates and it always worked fine...
Maybe we will never know. Anyway I will report back and let you know on the progress of my checks.

RE: Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+ - Nachteule - 20th Mar, 2018 09:26 AM

Ok, good night Smile Awaiting your report later Tongue

RE: Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+ - Roy Terhaar - 21st Mar, 2018 08:11 AM

(20th Mar, 2018 09:26 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Ok, good night Smile Awaiting your report later Tongue

After rebooting and reverting back the manual changes, xbian-arch and xbian-arch revision return the expected output.
Both USB drives automount again as they did before this issue.
I also checked all other programs that I use to run and my conclusion is that I run a sane machine again!
Cool
So this thread can be set to solved.

Thanks again for the effort you put in this to get it resolved Smile

RE: Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+ - Nachteule - 21st Mar, 2018 09:01 AM

Good news, thanks for reporting Smile

Setting thread to solved