Forum
[IDEA] Analog audio for .flac/mp3 and hdmi audio for .mkv/avi - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [IDEA] Analog audio for .flac/mp3 and hdmi audio for .mkv/avi (/thread-398.html)

Analog audio for .flac/mp3 and hdmi audio for .mkv/avi - Trinket - 4th Feb, 2013 09:55 AM

I was wondering if it was possible to make a script that changes audio output according to the file type that is being played.
The idea behind this is having my tv connected via hdmi and my audio system connected to the analog output.
If I play music I don't want my TV to be turned on and because of that HDMI is useless for it, I want it to play through the analog output.
Does anybody know anyway to control the output? I don't know where to start searching for it and I couldn't find anything similar.

RE: Analog audio for .flac/mp3 and hdmi audio for .mkv/avi - Koenkk - 4th Feb, 2013 06:53 PM

I think you need to patch XBMC in order to do this, I don't know how good your are with c++?

RE: Analog audio for .flac/mp3 and hdmi audio for .mkv/avi - CurlyMo - 4th Feb, 2013 06:58 PM

Probably is possible in python too.

RE: Analog audio for .flac/mp3 and hdmi audio for .mkv/avi - Trinket - 4th Feb, 2013 11:02 PM

I have never used c++ and I'm quite new to Python, but I still would like to try making it.
I know how to make the script autostart in XBMC (I have recently made a fairly simple script) it's just that I don't know how to control the audio output with commands.
What's the command that's called when i switch from analog to hdmi audio output within xbmc?