Forum
Raspberry pi 4 announced... Huge improvements - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Other news (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Raspberry pi 4 announced... Huge improvements (/thread-4037.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Raspberry pi 4 announced... Huge improvements - Nachteule - 13th Aug, 2020 02:20 AM

(12th Aug, 2020 01:31 PM)gkusiak Wrote:  I'd really like to make the change to a USB boot - SD cards have always made me a bit nervous.

Yes, if you want to do another firmware upgrade, look at the package rpi-eeprom.

My Pi4 now boots alternatively from USB first, then from network and finally from SD card.

But I can't give support for that. The whole concept is one big confusing mess and I'm glad I got it right and won't touch it again anytime soon.

RE: Raspberry pi 4 announced... Huge improvements - gkusiak - 15th Aug, 2020 03:34 AM

(13th Aug, 2020 02:20 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Yes, if you want to do another firmware upgrade, look at the package rpi-eeprom.

My Pi4 now boots alternatively from USB first, then from network and finally from SD card.

But I can't give support for that. The whole concept is one big confusing mess and I'm glad I got it right and won't touch it again anytime soon.
In case you haven't heard it yet today, THANK YOU for all your efforts.

RE: Raspberry pi 4 announced... Huge improvements - Nachteule - 15th Aug, 2020 04:38 AM

(15th Aug, 2020 03:34 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  
(13th Aug, 2020 02:20 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Yes, if you want to do another firmware upgrade, look at the package rpi-eeprom.

In case you haven't heard it yet today, THANK YOU for all your efforts.

Smile