Forum
[PROBLEM] Intrusive ads? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: The website (/forum-13.html)
+---- Thread: [PROBLEM] Intrusive ads? (/thread-4050.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Intrusive ads? - rikardo1979 - 23rd Nov, 2019 08:24 PM

was looking at the domain and this is what it showed

I have still questioned the advertiser so lets wait for them to come back to me

RE: Intrusive ads? - deHakkelaar - 25th Nov, 2019 12:34 AM

Just now happened again.
The browser got hijacked while browsing the forum and I got redirected to below URL out of the blue:

Code:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/reueoPhA

EDIT: and again:

Code:
https://solutionstr.space/nl/mb/tele2.....

Intrusive ads? - gkusiak - 25th Nov, 2019 04:24 AM

What browser?
Have you tried Brave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Intrusive ads? - Exnor - 25th Nov, 2019 05:16 AM

(25th Nov, 2019 04:24 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  What browser?
Have you tried Brave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is beyond the point....

The issue here is why is this implemented in the forums in 1st place? I get that the devs are more than entitled to make some money of their work here but auto redirects scripts (or whatever, i don't know how to code HTML) is not a good image imho.

Hope they remove this from the site.

Intrusive ads? - f1vefour - 27th Nov, 2019 05:47 AM

The hijacking isn't acceptable, as Richard said he's working on it.

RE: Intrusive ads? - rikardo1979 - 27th Nov, 2019 09:18 PM

Ads/codes completely removed from our sites until Adstera sort their system.

Unfortunately this means XBian project is from now on completely dependant on donations

RE: Intrusive ads? - Exnor - 28th Nov, 2019 04:01 AM

(27th Nov, 2019 09:18 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  Ads/codes completely removed from our sites until Adstera sort their system.

Unfortunately this means XBian project is from now on completely dependant on donations

I have zero experience on advertising and/or in site ads but can't the site/forum use Google ads? I never visited a site with Google ads that forced redirects or any shaddy behaviour. ( Or other ads company)

Just an idea.

RE: Intrusive ads? - f1vefour - 28th Nov, 2019 06:11 AM

(28th Nov, 2019 04:01 AM)Exnor Wrote:  
(27th Nov, 2019 09:18 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  Ads/codes completely removed from our sites until Adstera sort their system.

I have zero experience on advertising and/or in site ads but can't the site/forum use Google ads? I never visited a site with Google ads that forced redirects or any shaddy behaviour. ( Or other ads company)

Just an idea.
No unfortunately there was an issue previously and Google decided to pull our ability to use AdSense.

RE: Intrusive ads? - PeterAlberto - 12th Dec, 2019 07:51 PM

I don't understand why is it happening because as far as I know that, any forums should not redirect you to the ads. But if you find such a problem then try closing the browser and reopen again or try disconnecting from the router.

RE: Intrusive ads? - Exnor - 13th Dec, 2019 06:03 AM

(12th Dec, 2019 07:51 PM)PeterAlberto Wrote:  I don't understand why is it happening because as far as I know that, any forums should not redirect you to the ads. But if you find such a problem then try closing the browser and reopen again or try disconnecting from the router.

What ???

RE: Intrusive ads? - f1vefour - 15th Dec, 2019 09:43 PM

(13th Dec, 2019 06:03 AM)Exnor Wrote:  
(12th Dec, 2019 07:51 PM)PeterAlberto Wrote:  I don't understand why is it happening because as far as I know that, any forums should not redirect you to the ads. But if you find such a problem then try closing the browser and reopen again or try disconnecting from the router.

What ???
Cached URLs and scripts is what he is talking about I think.