Forum
Airplay music interrupted when TV is off - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Airplay music interrupted when TV is off (/thread-4069.html)

Airplay music interrupted when TV is off - jbecicka - 1st Jan, 2020 12:48 AM

I have my RPI3 connected to HDMI splitter, which is connected to Samsung TV and also to using SPDIF to my sound system. I'm trying to send music from iPhone to RPI through Airplay. Everything works perfectly, when TV is ON. When I switch TV off, the music start to be interrupted. Let say every 10-30s there is a small gap in the playback. But it really happens only when TV is off. If Tv is ON, everything works perfectly. I've already tried to turn off all the power saving features to disable power saving mode, when RPI gets off signall from TV, but nothing helped. Any ideas?
I have latest xbian installed on my RPI 3.
Thanks,
Jan

RE: Airplay music interrupted when TV is off - deHakkelaar - 2nd Jan, 2020 04:15 AM

Run below one:

Code:
sudo xbian-config

And play with settings:

Code:
Settings --> System --> Video output

EDIT: ow ps, can you post link to the splitter ?

RE: Airplay music interrupted when TV is off - jbecicka - 4th Jan, 2020 12:47 AM

(2nd Jan, 2020 04:15 AM)deHakkelaar Wrote:  Run below one:

Code:
sudo xbian-config

And play with settings:

Code:
Settings --> System --> Video output

EDIT: ow ps, can you post link to the splitter ?
Hey! I fixed it!
The problem was with the HDMI splitter indeed! Thanks for pointing me this way.

When TV is ON the splitter gets enough power from HDMI ports. But when I switch TV off, the splitter does not have enough power to work reliably. So the fix was quite easy. The splitter have mini USB port (AC Power). So I just added USB cable from RPI to splitter and it works now.

Still there is one mystery, which I don't understand. I'm quite sure that it worked before. Is it possible, that previous versions send more power to HDMI? For instance different config_hdmi_boost can have effect?

RE: Airplay music interrupted when TV is off - deHakkelaar - 4th Jan, 2020 09:31 AM

Yeah I suspected something along those lines.
But its hard to say with hardware of this kind as specs are usually hard to find and levels can be critical.
Nice find/fix!