Forum
is tvheadend best for IPTV? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: PVR + Live TV (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: is tvheadend best for IPTV? (/thread-4080.html)

is tvheadend best for IPTV? - gkusiak - 27th Mar, 2020 10:50 AM

or are there better options that are current, still under active development?

has the tvheadend-xbian package been optimized for xbian in any way?

I've been given a trial on a service and I'd like to be pointed at something that has a better chance than not of working from the start.
The service suggests PVR Simple Client, but I've tried it and it's been stuttery even at 720.

thanks anyone who might see this and reply -gk

RE: is tvheadend best for IPTV? - Nachteule - 28th Mar, 2020 12:26 AM

(27th Mar, 2020 10:50 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  or are there better options that are current, still under active development?

has the tvheadend-xbian package been optimized for xbian in any way?

I've been given a trial on a service and I'd like to be pointed at something that has a better chance than not of working from the start.
The service suggests PVR Simple Client, but I've tried it and it's been stuttery even at 720.

thanks anyone who might see this and reply -gk

No experience with tvheadend/iptv

I played a bit around with PVR simple client one or two years ago. My conclusion is that IPTV is still and probably will always PITA (at least with free channels)

is tvheadend best for IPTV? - gkusiak - 28th Mar, 2020 12:31 AM

Thank you, you’re probably right if the chatter on my ISP’s reddit about their tv service is any indication...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: is tvheadend best for IPTV? - Don Pedro - 21st May, 2020 11:55 PM

(28th Mar, 2020 12:31 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  Thank you, you’re probably right if the chatter on my ISP’s reddit about their tv service is any indication...

I have good experience with xbian, tvheadend, Meg-8000 IP server and astra satellite. However I'm not interested in pay-TV! But I can confirm that with my setup it's possible to record and watch up to 8 (free) channels. MEG-8000 plays flawlessly with tvheadend (on the contrary to VDR which I also tried but couldn't get a single picture out of it; additionally MEG-8000 is said to be unreliable against VDR).

So I can recommend tvheadend, it's able to display hd over a rasbpi-3 without stuttering audio and video (when properly set up).

BR

Don