Forum
No hdmi-cec control after running custom script - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: No hdmi-cec control after running custom script (/thread-4086.html)

No hdmi-cec control after running custom script - joehc - 26th Apr, 2020 05:37 PM

Device: Raspberry pi 3b+
Distro: Xbian (Debian Buster)

Hey guys

I have a script that runs in the background to get the power status of my tv. The script has the following condition in an if sentence:
Code:
$(echo 'pow 0' | cec-client -s -d 1 RPI) =~ "power status: on"
The abovementioned cec-client-command returns the anticipated result, but running the command makes Kodi "loose" the cec-control. In other words I cannot control Kodi with my remote anymore after the script is executed.

Can anyone help me determined if that is the right behavior and if so, how do I reconnect cec?

Thanks in advance.

RE: No hdmi-cec control after running custom script - Nachteule - 29th Apr, 2020 09:56 PM

(26th Apr, 2020 05:37 PM)joehc Wrote:  Device: Raspberry pi 3b+
Distro: Xbian (Debian Buster)

Hey guys

I have a script that runs in the background to get the power status of my tv. The script has the following condition in an if sentence:
Code:
$(echo 'pow 0' | cec-client -s -d 1 RPI) =~ "power status: on"
The abovementioned cec-client-command returns the anticipated result, but running the command makes Kodi "loose" the cec-control. In other words I cannot control Kodi with my remote anymore after the script is executed.

Can anyone help me determined if that is the right behavior and if so, how do I reconnect cec?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately this is not longer supported by the CEC library, only one application can access the CEC port

Some commands are available via Kodis built in commands but unfortunately the support is very little and one required command has been added (xbmc-send.py --action="cecStandby(force)") see /etc/init/xbmc-screensaver.conf