Forum
[PROBLEM] Xbian doesn't boot - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Xbian doesn't boot (/thread-4089.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - Nachteule - 26th Jul, 2020 09:22 AM

Copy it to local disk or mount the place were your img.gz is and then run sudo xbian-storager restorehome /patchwhereitis/xbian_backup_home_2020-07-21-1710.btrfs.img.gz

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - havilson - 26th Jul, 2020 09:40 AM

(26th Jul, 2020 09:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Copy it to local disk or mount the place were your img.gz is and then run sudo xbian-storager restorehome /patchwhereitis/xbian_backup_home_2020-07-21-1710.btrfs.img.gz

Ok now I got the following:

Terminal

xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo xbian-storager restorehome /xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore/xbian_backup_home_2020-07-21-1710.btrfs.img.gz

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

[sudo] password for xbian:
Error: another copy is running ... 12
Error: another copy is running ... 11
Error: another copy is running ... 10
Error: another copy is running ... 9
Error: another copy is running ... 8
Error: another copy is running ... 7
Error: another copy is running ... 6
Error: another copy is running ... 5
Error: another copy is running ... 4
Error: another copy is running ... 3
Error: another copy is running ... 2
Error: another copy is running ... 1
Error: another copy is running ... 0
xbian@xbian ~ $

An update: It was restored, my bet is that when I put the image on /xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore it did it automatically (well that's what I expected to do).
Now, I just need to see if my TV Remote is back and working. Smile (That's another story)
No my TV Remote is not working... Sad

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - Nachteule - 26th Jul, 2020 10:08 PM

Yeah, the restore-process is running in background completely

Quote:No my TV Remote is not working... Sad

Hopefully you have backup of your old configuration

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - havilson - 27th Jul, 2020 05:25 AM

(26th Jul, 2020 10:08 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  Yeah, the restore-process is running in background completely

Quote:No my TV Remote is not working... Sad

Hopefully you have backup of your old configuration

Unfortunately all this problem began with that. Suddenly in the middle of a movie selection my TV remote (which was working) stopped to work. So that's why I tried to update and you know what happened then.
Where the configuration file is located? If it's not on home I have no old backup of it.

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - Nachteule - 27th Jul, 2020 05:33 AM

I would suppose that your TV remote is broken, because the lirc stuff has not been updated for a looooong time

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - havilson - 27th Jul, 2020 05:58 AM

(27th Jul, 2020 05:33 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I would suppose that your TV remote is broken, because the lirc stuff has not been updated for a looooong time

I suppose not since it works with my FireTV and with the TV itself.

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - Nachteule - 28th Jul, 2020 04:19 AM

(27th Jul, 2020 05:25 AM)havilson Wrote:  Unfortunately all this problem began with that. Suddenly in the middle of a movie selection my TV remote (which was working) stopped to work. So that's why I tried to update and you know what happened then.
Where the configuration file is located? If it's not on home I have no old backup of it.

I'm sorry, but if something suddenly doesn't work in the middle of the operation then it has nothing to do with the software
This MUST be a hardware problem.

But since you did not consider it necessary to give more information about the TV remote, I cannot and will not give any further support in this regard.

Also, this is the wrong thread for this problem

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - havilson - 28th Jul, 2020 12:17 PM

(28th Jul, 2020 04:19 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  
(27th Jul, 2020 05:25 AM)havilson Wrote:  Unfortunately all this problem began with that. Suddenly in the middle of a movie selection my TV remote (which was working) stopped to work. So that's why I tried to update and you know what happened then.

I'm sorry, but if something suddenly doesn't work in the middle of the operation then it has nothing to do with the software
This MUST be a hardware problem.

But since you did not consider it necessary to give more information about the TV remote, I cannot and will not give any further support in this regard.

Also, this is the wrong thread for this problem

I'm sorry where did I refuse to give more information about my remote? I just disregard the possibility to be a hardware issue since it's working with other media player software and hardware (FireTV for example). Also I know that here is not the appropriate space to discuss this and that's why I simply didn't go deeper into it. I just asked for the location of the configuration file, but again that's not the place to that kind of problem solving.

Thanks for the former support. I have no further problem regarding the booting process.

RE: Xbian doesn't boot - Nachteule - 28th Jul, 2020 07:02 PM

There are hundreds of different TV remotes. many require LIRC drivers, many are directly supported by the kernel. Then there are dozens of different IR receivers, including the IR GPIO receiver. And last but not least there is the possibility to use the remote control of the TV itself via CEC.
And the only information from you was that suddenly the TV remote is not working anymore.