Forum
[PROBLEM] IPv6 disabled? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] IPv6 disabled? (/thread-4094.html)

IPv6 disabled? - earny2k - 6th Jul, 2020 07:04 AM

First of all thank you to all people developing xbian/Kodi.
I am running xbian from 200508 based on Debian Buster. Now I wanted to run nginx with ipv6 but nginx crashes when starting since it listens also on ipv6. When checking nginx -V ipv6 support is not enabled, the raspberry does not get/have any ipv6 address.
Is this the default configuration, ipv6 is disabled? If so what is the reason for it? How can I enabled it?

RE: IPv6 disabled? - Nachteule - 7th Jul, 2020 04:28 AM

It is disabled per default, that's correct, can't remember why.

But anyway, look into file /etc/modprobe.d/ipv6.conf, there is the place where it is disabled

RE: IPv6 disabled? - earny2k - 7th Jul, 2020 05:11 AM

Sorry, but how do I enable it in the ipv6.conf. There is only one line with "alias net-pf-10 off".

RE: IPv6 disabled? - Nachteule - 7th Jul, 2020 07:25 AM

Just comment the second line out

RE: IPv6 disabled? - earny2k - 7th Jul, 2020 02:20 PM

:-) Thank you. One further quesiton: I saw that the IPv6 address is deduced from the MAC address which means the Privacy Extension is disabled. How do I enable/configure the privacy extension so the MAC address changes?

RE: IPv6 disabled? - Nachteule - 8th Jul, 2020 05:30 AM

(7th Jul, 2020 02:20 PM)earny2k Wrote:  :-) Thank you. One further quesiton: I saw that the IPv6 address is deduced from the MAC address which means the Privacy Extension is disabled. How do I enable/configure the privacy extension so the MAC address changes?

Five seconds of googling gave me a lot of useful hits, for example:

http://www.iitk.ac.in/LDP/HOWTO/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/ch06s05.html

RE: IPv6 disabled? - earny2k - 8th Jul, 2020 07:02 AM

Reason why I raised it here is that I thought it is also disabled by a special xbian option/command like ipv6 is disabled.

RE: IPv6 disabled? - gkusiak - 17th Jul, 2020 02:39 AM

Amazeballs in Awesomesauce! thanks for having this discussion: I've Native IPv6 as well.
Netflix works much faster this way.

RE: IPv6 disabled? - namarang - 14th Oct, 2020 04:52 AM

One of the requirements in network settings is activating or deactivating IPv6, which of course can be activated or deactivated according to your needs. We will exchange software.

You may have disabled IPv6 while setting up your Windows Server network. It should be noted that IPv6 is one of the requirements for installing Exchange Server 2010, and if you disable it, you will stop during the installation with the following error.

Error:

The following error was generated when “$ error.Clear (); if ($ RoleStartTransportService) {start-SetupService -ServiceName MSExchangeTransport} ”was run:“ Service ‘MSExchangeTransport’ failed to reach ‘Running’ status on this server. ”.

Service ‘MSExchangeTransport’ failed to reach status ‘Running’ on this server.

To resolve this important issue, first enable IPv6 in Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network Connections