Forum
XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash (/thread-4116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 27th Feb, 2021 02:07 AM

RPI4
Installed netflix
CastagnaIT

and every time I try to play anytitle kodi restarts crash skin

I have tried playing around with MMAL settings but no luck

thank you
raf

XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - gkusiak - 28th Feb, 2021 08:23 AM

Wouldn’t you be better off starting an issue on the Netflix addon creator’s GitHub? Or poking around in the wiki there for some common troubleshooting tips/fixes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 28th Feb, 2021 05:29 PM

(28th Feb, 2021 08:23 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  Wouldn’t you be better off starting an issue on the Netflix addon creator’s GitHub? Or poking around in the wiki there for some common troubleshooting tips/fixes?

Wink
of course
and I did! you can find it in the netflix repository
This has nothing to do with addons
it has to do with kodi 19 build and either inputstream or ffmp hls because it happens on some specific types of streams and I am not the only one having this issue
I have seen a post by Nachteule that has a similar issues in the kody build process

Usually if I post here it is because I have searched and studied until I understand that the solution is beyound my reach
thanks
raf

XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - gkusiak - 28th Feb, 2021 08:09 PM

I’m having issues with the latest RasPi version of xbian/Kodi 19. I suspect I’ll have to start from scratch, because since the update, it crashes constantly, and only one of my addons works intermittently.
Can you sign into Netflix with email/password or do you need the Auth code?

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 1st Mar, 2021 07:37 PM

(28th Feb, 2021 08:09 PM)gkusiak Wrote:  I’m having issues with the latest RasPi version of xbian/Kodi 19. I suspect I’ll have to start from scratch, because since the update, it crashes constantly, and only one of my addons works intermittently.

you can enter email and it works perfectly!

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - gkusiak - 2nd Mar, 2021 12:43 PM

(1st Mar, 2021 07:37 PM)rafhtl Wrote:  
(28th Feb, 2021 08:09 PM)gkusiak Wrote:  I’m having issues with the latest RasPi version of xbian/Kodi 19. I suspect I’ll have to start from scratch, because since the update, it crashes constantly, and only one of my addons works intermittently.

you can enter email and it works perfectly!

Not for me it doesn't...I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 4th Mar, 2021 04:51 AM

(28th Feb, 2021 05:29 PM)rafhtl Wrote:  
(28th Feb, 2021 08:23 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  Wouldn’t you be better off starting an issue on the Netflix addon creator’s GitHub? Or poking around in the wiki there for some common troubleshooting tips/fixes?

Wink
of course
and I did! you can find it in the netflix repository
This has nothing to do with addons
it has to do with kodi 19 build and either inputstream or ffmp hls because it happens on some specific types of streams and I am not the only one having this issue
I have seen a post by Nachteule that has a similar issues in the kody build process

Usually if I post here it is because I have searched and studied until I understand that the solution is beyound my reach
thanks
raf

this is the post I was talking about

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355903&page=5

XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - gkusiak - 7th Mar, 2021 11:18 PM

Did you need to install anything else to get email/pwd sign-in to work?

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - Nachteule - 8th Mar, 2021 06:38 AM

I have taken on the matter this weekend.
In fact Kodi does a reboot on Pi4 when the Netflix stream is started

The reason is that unlike mainstream Kodi, I left the MMAL renderer in to support the Raspberry Pi 1 at least for Kodi v19.
For some reason the MMAL renderer is used for the Netflix stream, which in turn crashes Kodi.
I am currently testing a fix to completely disable the initialization of the MMAL. This brings the hoped for success, all Netflix streams tested by me up to 1080p are again played flawlessly.

Please note:
MMAL is (de)activated in Setting->Player and after MMAL is de- or activated, Kodi must be restarted.

The disadvantage is that MPEG videos are then decoded by software, but that happens with all Netflix streams anyway.

Tomorrow there will probably be the new Kodi version

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 8th Mar, 2021 11:43 PM

(8th Mar, 2021 06:38 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I have taken on the matter this weekend.

The reason is that unlike mainstream Kodi, I left the MMAL renderer in to support the Raspberry Pi 1 at least for Kodi v19.
For some reason the MMAL renderer is used for the Netflix stream, which in turn crashes Kodi.
I am currently testing a fix to completely disable the initialization of the MMAL. This brings the hoped for success, all Netflix streams tested by me up to 1080p are again played flawlessly.

Please note:
MMAL is (de)activated in Setting->Player and after MMAL is de- or activated, Kodi must be restarted.

The disadvantage is that MPEG videos are then decoded by software, but that happens with all Netflix streams anyway.

Thank you Nachteule
I new you were working on it Wink
I did discover something new while testing
I put my latest xbian kodi 19 (late February 21) in a rpi3b+
resolution started by itself at 1366x768 60hz on my test monitor (same monitor on rpi4 but it was set to 1920x1080 Idea)
I didn't touch it and left mmal on and.... I tested netflix
'Magically' videos started to play!!!

I will test todays kodi and let you know
Thank you!
Raf

(8th Mar, 2021 11:43 PM)rafhtl Wrote:  
(8th Mar, 2021 06:38 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I have taken on the matter this weekend.

Please note:

Thank you Nachteule
resolution started by itself at 1366x768 60hz on my test monitor (same monitor on rpi4 but it was set to 1920x1080 Idea)

Thank you!
Raf

ps I tried to update resolution to 1920 on rpi3b+ and it worked anyways.

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - Nachteule - 9th Mar, 2021 12:30 AM

(8th Mar, 2021 11:43 PM)rafhtl Wrote:  Thank you Nachteule

Thank you!
Raf

The Netflix problem affected only Raspberry Pi4

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 9th Mar, 2021 12:58 AM

(9th Mar, 2021 12:30 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  The Netflix problem affected only Raspberry Pi4

yes!
Thank you

XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - gkusiak - 9th Mar, 2021 01:06 AM

Please note:

Oh my, this is wonderful. Thank you, [mention]Nachteule [/mention]
I’ll check for an update later.

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - rafhtl - 9th Mar, 2021 10:10 PM

(8th Mar, 2021 06:38 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Tomorrow there will probably be the new Kodi version

It works!!!!!
Thank you

now I am testing other streams and plugins
Raf

RE: XBian_2021.02.19_rpi4 Playback Netflix crash - Nachteule - 9th Mar, 2021 11:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with testing Smile