Forum
Following update Kodi not starting - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Following update Kodi not starting (/thread-4123.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - justsimon - 6th May, 2021 01:26 PM

(5th May, 2021 04:37 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  So, I have now tested the xbian-package-xbmc briefly. to be on the safe side, this is now in the staging repository

What I have done:
- Flashed new image (latest from april 30) and started Pi4
- Then staging repo activated, here I had to find that the last image build run unfortunately the xbian-package-repo from the devel repo was used, which is stupidly wrong. So already comes the message that a distribution upgrade to Bullseye is available.
Furthermore the URL mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt for staging and devel repo in file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list is not correct, it should be http://apt.xbian.org. I already fixed this here
- Stopped Kodi
- Then sudo apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to install latest xbian-package-xbmc built from built tonight
- started Kodi ... everything is ok
- finally, poweroff Pi4 and start it again, Kodi starts normally, no problem visible

So it would be nice if you could also install and test the xbian-package-xbmc from the staging repo.

This process allows me to upgrade and boot to Kodi, however I lose certain settings in Display and Audio. Possibly other settings have gone, but these are the two areas I noticed.

In Display, the whitelist, and calibrate display among others aren't there.
In Audio, Audio Passthrough doesn't appear after the upgrade. The heading is there, but there's no option to turn it on, and the "capable amp" settings aren't there either.

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Baz8755 - 6th May, 2021 06:43 PM

(6th May, 2021 01:26 PM)justsimon Wrote:  
(5th May, 2021 04:37 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  So, I have now tested the xbian-package-xbmc briefly. to be on the safe side, this is now in the staging repository

What I have done:
- Flashed new image (latest from april 30) and started Pi4
- Then staging repo activated, here I had to find that the last image build run unfortunately the xbian-package-repo from the devel repo was used, which is stupidly wrong. So already comes the message that a distribution upgrade to Bullseye is available.
Furthermore the URL mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt for staging and devel repo in file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list is not correct, it should be http://apt.xbian.org. I already fixed this here
- Stopped Kodi
- Then sudo apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to install latest xbian-package-xbmc built from built tonight
- started Kodi ... everything is ok
- finally, poweroff Pi4 and start it again, Kodi starts normally, no problem visible

So it would be nice if you could also install and test the xbian-package-xbmc from the staging repo.

This process allows me to upgrade and boot to Kodi, however I lose certain settings in Display and Audio. Possibly other settings have gone, but these are the two areas I noticed.

In Audio, Audio Passthrough doesn't appear after the upgrade. The heading is there, but there's no option to turn it on, and the "capable amp" settings aren't there either.

I took the plunge and upgraded, all seems OK.

With regards to the above observations:-
- All Audio passthru settings seem to be correct and configurable
- Whitelist optons are greyed out, but as I never changed these settings I cannot say if they were greyed before.

My Output is set to PI:HDMI and I do have an edited edid.dat and config.txt to force outputs so I'm not sure if this changes the way Kodi has chosen to enable options.

Update - I also booted from the image I downloaded over the weekend and the settings appear no different from this latest version.

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Nachteule - 8th May, 2021 05:05 AM

(6th May, 2021 01:26 PM)justsimon Wrote:  This process allows me to upgrade and boot to Kodi, however I lose certain settings in Display and Audio. Possibly other settings have gone, but these are the two areas I noticed.

In my test with the new image and the new xbian-package-xbmc I have the whitelist and display calibration available.

However, the audio passthrough entries are not there except for the title bar. even with a Kodi v20 testbuild it is not there.

I'm looking into it right now, at first glance I can't see anything directly due to the existing new commits, but I have a suspicion what could be responsible for this

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - gkusiak - 9th May, 2021 03:47 AM

Should I be running Bullseye? which kernel should I see if I am?

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Nachteule - 10th May, 2021 07:48 AM

(9th May, 2021 03:47 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  Should I be running Bullseye? which kernel should I see if I am?

No, it is too early for that. That was an image build error, which has since been fixed again with new images.

Only I have already switched to Bullseye to gain some experience with it.

A newer xbian-package-repo removes this Bullseye Upgrade message again

Following update Kodi not starting - gkusiak - 10th May, 2021 07:49 AM

I just saw v19.1 has been released on the kodi GitHub too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Nachteule - 10th May, 2021 07:51 AM

(6th May, 2021 06:43 PM)Baz8755 Wrote:  I took the plunge and upgraded, all seems OK.

With regards to the above observations:-
- All Audio passthru settings seem to be correct and configurable
- Whitelist optons are greyed out, but as I never changed these settings I cannot say if they were greyed before.

My Output is set to PI:HDMI and I do have an edited edid.dat and config.txt to force outputs so I'm not sure if this changes the way Kodi has chosen to enable options.

Update - I also booted from the image I downloaded over the weekend and the settings appear no different from this latest version.

Audio passthrough settings are back again with new xbian-package-xbmc, again in staging repo only

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Nachteule - 11th May, 2021 05:14 AM

(10th May, 2021 07:49 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  I just saw v19.1 has been released on the kodi GitHub too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is in repo staging now

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Baz8755 - 13th May, 2021 12:05 AM

Latest update seems to have broken again in what appears to be the same as before

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Nachteule - 13th May, 2021 01:06 AM

I can't believe that. On my practically unconfigured system (Pi4/4GB), which only has all the updates, everything really looks normal. Just checked it again

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Baz8755 - 13th May, 2021 01:11 AM

(13th May, 2021 01:06 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I can't believe that. On my practically unconfigured system (Pi4/4GB), which only has all the updates, everything really looks normal. Just checked it again

Having rolled back to an older package as mentioned in this thread a few days ago everything worked fine. I checked for updates and updated a day or so ago and everything was still all OK.

Today I got the message about 19.1 being available so I again updated through xBian Config and now it is again not booting into KODI GUI, just as before I get the splash screen and then a linux login.

Luckily I took an image of my system a couple of days ago and reflashed so am back up and running

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - gkusiak - 13th May, 2021 03:21 AM

(13th May, 2021 01:11 AM)Baz8755 Wrote:  Having rolled back to an older package as mentioned in this thread a few days ago everything worked fine. I checked for updates and updated a day or so ago and everything was still all OK.

Today I got the message about 19.1 being available so I again updated through xBian Config and now it is again not booting into KODI GUI, just as before I get the splash screen and then a linux login.

Luckily I took an image of my system a couple of days ago and reflashed so am back up and running

I'd stay away from 19.1 until it's released in an xbian update, personally...devs are also working on Bullseye, so that's coming as well at some point.

have you simply tried using balena etcher to flash the iso derived from the zip to your SD card? etcher does the work for you...or it has for me...maybe @Nachteule can straighten me out as to why that may be incorrect, if it's not proper.

After this week's update, I believe I'm going to move to a USB flash drive for xbian, and change the boot order on my PI so that the SD card is backup, and place/pull system snapshots to/from my network drive. SD cards are proving a bit fragile for my taste...

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - nihil - 14th May, 2021 07:24 PM

(13th May, 2021 01:06 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I can't believe that. On my practically unconfigured system (Pi4/4GB), which only has all the updates, everything really looks normal. Just checked it again

Seems i got same problem as some others: First (some days ago) i installed Kodi 19.1 upgrade from stable channel, but that didnt work. After that i reinstalled older version, all good. Today i activated staging channel and installed that version, all fine.
But now apt says it has new build from stable channel, so i installed it, but no start again. So back to latest build from staging, fine again. Funny thing is that there is no 19.1 in stable repo (checked http://apt.xbian.org/pool/stable/rpi2-buster/x/xbian-package-xbmc/), but apt gives me a new version. Disabled staginge before, did some apt update.... Maybe something wrong with repo again?

Another thing is that if installed kodi 19.1 apt gives me some obsolete packages, that could be removed...but i'm not shure i should do that. Packages are:

libcdio19 libdrm-amdgpu1 libdrm-nouveau2 libdrm-radeon1 libegl-mesa0 libegl1 libgbm1 libgl1-mesa-dri libglapi-mesa libgles2 libglvnd0 libimobiledevice6 libllvm9 libsensors-config libsensors5 libupower-glib3 libusbmuxd4 libwayland-client0 libwayland-server0 libxcb-dri2-0 libxcb-dri3-0 libxcb-present0 libxcb-sync1 libxcb-xfixes0 libxshmfence1 upower

Maybe i'm wrong, but some of that packages looks as there are not obsolete only while installing new kodi version?
Thx

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - Nachteule - 14th May, 2021 08:09 PM

@nihil

I think we are now slowly getting closer to the matter.
Please check the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list if there are rpi-buster entries, and if yes please delete them. there must be only rpi2-buster entries

And after deletion, run sudo apt-get update and then reinstall xbian-package-xbmc from staging again

RE: Following update Kodi not starting - nihil - 14th May, 2021 08:27 PM

(14th May, 2021 08:09 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  @nihil

I think we are now slowly getting closer to the matter.
Please check the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list if there are rpi-buster entries, and if yes please delete them. there must be only rpi2-buster entries

And after deletion, run sudo apt-get update and then reinstall xbian-package-xbmc from staging again

OK, did that and now all seems ok, booting ok and no strange behavior with apt...
thx