Forum
widevine lib - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: widevine lib (/thread-4124.html)

widevine lib - gkusiak - 3rd May, 2021 04:04 AM

a curious video popped up in my youtube feed last night, and I'm wondering how it might affect us:
widevine for raspi-1
Two others popped up when I went looking on youtube:
more opinion/editorial
This guy is no nonsense

so with the CastagnaIT Netflix (and the Disney+) add-on for kodi, it relies on InputStream Helper add-on. My question is this: if we install libwidevinecdm0 on the command line for xbian, will we break things or make it easier for Netflix/Disney+ kodi add-ons to work "better" or more efficiently or ??? is it already included in xbian installs?

If this is better asked of Stefano on his github (castagnaIT dev), just say so.

RE: widevine lib - Nachteule - 3rd May, 2021 05:17 AM

I can't say anything about it. I just updated the things yesterday or the day before and can't see any problems
Disney+ I do not have to test, however, only Netflix

RE: widevine lib - gkusiak - 3rd May, 2021 01:09 PM

(3rd May, 2021 05:17 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I can't say anything about it. I just updated the things yesterday or the day before and can't see any problems
Disney+ I do not have to test, however, only Netflix
out of curiosity and while I might still have your attention, is Wayland pertinent to xbian (or will it be?)? I'm seeing a bunch of stuff about it...
is the global backlog in processor production bringing about some interesting changes in code?
Native widevine for Pi and wayland for distros seems like exciting progress...

RE: widevine lib - Nachteule - 4th May, 2021 05:11 AM

Currently, the use of Wayland and/or X in connection with Kodi makes no sense at all, since the CPU is still too weak for this. In addition, the Kodi team focuses on GBM with such hardware.

RE: widevine lib - gkusiak - 4th May, 2021 10:28 AM

(4th May, 2021 05:11 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Currently, the use of Wayland and/or X in connection with Kodi makes no sense at all, since the CPU is still too weak for this. In addition, the Kodi team focuses on GBM with such hardware.
the Hardware requirements here seem to indicate friendliness, and it looked to me like the RasPi4's GPU was handling things nicely in 2 of the videos I linked...but you know better than I ever will.

RE: widevine lib - Nachteule - 24th May, 2021 11:23 PM

(3rd May, 2021 04:04 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  a curious video popped up in my youtube feed last night, and I'm wondering how it might affect us:
widevine for raspi-1
Two others popped up when I went looking on youtube:
more opinion/editorial
This guy is no nonsense

so with the CastagnaIT Netflix (and the Disney+) add-on for kodi, it relies on InputStream Helper add-on. My question is this: if we install libwidevinecdm0 on the command line for xbian, will we break things or make it easier for Netflix/Disney+ kodi add-ons to work "better" or more efficiently or ??? is it already included in xbian installs?

If this is better asked of Stefano on his github (castagnaIT dev), just say so.

Probably these stupid posts on YT have caused google to change the use of libwidevine, see here and full story here

But don't worry, I'm already running the current libwidevine, but currently under Bullseye. Buster will follow of course

Terminal

root@kmxbilr2 /home/xbian/.kodi/cdm # grep -Eaom1 '([0-9]+\.){3}[0-9]+' libwidevinecdm.so
root@kmxbilr2 /home/xbian/.kodi/cdm

widevine lib - gkusiak - 25th May, 2021 01:43 AM

Google did update YT’s TOS recently…(I suspect that they intend to paywall or force “Premium” on users for popular or controversial content: the US election cycle IS about to restart, after all)
I think I’ve noticed something is happening on the CastagnaIT Netflix GitHub with regards to this as well…thanks for this (and everything you do), I will look into it.

Do you have a timeframe for Bullseye to be used for xbian-current?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: widevine lib - Nachteule - 25th May, 2021 10:31 PM

(25th May, 2021 01:43 AM)gkusiak Wrote:  Google did update YT’s TOS recently…(I suspect that they intend to paywall or force “Premium” on users for popular or controversial content: the US election cycle IS about to restart, after all)
I think I’ve noticed something is happening on the CartagenaIT Netflix GitHub with regards to this as well…thanks for this (and everything you do), I will look into it.

Do you have a timeframe for Bullseye to be used for xbian-current?

As long as Debian does not release Bullseye as stable this will probably not happen.

widevine lib - gkusiak - 26th May, 2021 07:27 AM

Here’s hoping they do, sooner than later: the update a few weeks ago that used it was the best xbian-kodi 19 on my Pi4 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

widevine lib - jakenl - 13th Sep, 2021 06:07 AM

I had aan issue with widevine, but this is now solved after the bullseye update of Xbian through the GUI