Forum
[PROBLEM] No power off options in Kodi Menu - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] No power off options in Kodi Menu (/thread-4129.html)

Pages: 1 2

No power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 4th Sep, 2021 10:49 PM

Since upgrading to Debian 11, the kodi shutdown menu doesn't show any entries except "exit" any more:

No shutdown, no reboot.
I already tried several tips for polkit-1:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311630
https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3o7cx2/shutdown_button_does_not_shutdown/
...but with no success. Any chance to get help here?

RE: Not power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 5th Sep, 2021 12:00 AM

I also added
Code:
ResultAny=yes
and modified
Code:
ResultInactive=yes

in each /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/allow_all_users_to_restart.pkla and /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/allow_all_users_to_shutdown.pkla

with no success.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 11th Sep, 2021 09:36 PM

Very strange.

If you still have elogind installed, it might be an idea to get rid of this package:

Code:
sudo apt-get install systemd  libpam-systemd
sudo apt-get purge elogind                             (ignore the error)
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-update
sudo apt-get purge elogind                             (remove it again due to the previous error)
sudo start logind or reboot

In any case, the policy-kit settings are definitely not the problem

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 12th Sep, 2021 04:15 AM

Thank You very much.
Sadly, no relief, did all this, but still the error remains.
I also tried
Code:
sudo apt install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc
Reason lies in history:
While upgrading, I had several hickups and had to do
Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
Code:
sudo apt --fix-broken install
Code:
sudo apt autoremove
each several times. All of this was mentioned in dialog boxes or output of previous commands.
I finally ended up with xbian booting into command line, instead into kodi, which I could solve with
Code:
sudo apt install xbian-package-xbmc

Since that it started and worked fine and also had no more updates available in xbian setting inside kodi.
Beside the mentioned error, having no power down or reboot options in Kodi menu.

On more thing I checked: It is not disabled in the skin. I looked it up inside ~/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml and also changed the skin as a double check. All other skins I tried show the same: no power-off options in menu.

Any more ideas?

Also tried making a new profile inside kodi, with all new settings. No change, also in the brand new profile no power off options.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 12th Sep, 2021 04:30 AM

You could have said right away that the upgrade did not work properly.
So, first of all make sure that all packages have been installed

Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Maybe not all have been installed

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 12th Sep, 2021 05:30 AM

(12th Sep, 2021 04:30 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  You could have said right away that the upgrade did not work properly.
Sorry, you're right. Since I ended up with a quite working system, and no upgrades left, I thought, finally the update process was successful and didn't think, that the hickups left any traces.
(12th Sep, 2021 04:30 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Also did that already before, forgot to mention. That was one of the things that made me believe, the upgrade finally worked.
Just did it again, it ends with:
Code:
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
So, would You agree, that the upgrade process itself went fine (finally, in the result view)? Or is there anything else that could be checked?

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 12th Sep, 2021 07:44 PM

Normally xbian-update is installed again at the end of the XBian upgrade, to fix some things if necessary. At upgrade Stretch -> Buster this was necessary anyway. At Buster -> Bullseye I don't know, because it is done as well

Maybe
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-update
brings something

But I will be honest, I don't have much hope for this. Apart from that I can't think of anything else at the moment

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 12th Sep, 2021 09:31 PM

Ok, thank You very much for the effort anyway.
Maybe, I'll live with it. I can coldly switch off the machine seemingly, no negative side effects until now.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 13th Sep, 2021 02:23 AM

I can't say how many changes you have made to your system.
But for most users it makes more sense to back up the home directory, then completely reinstall and get the home back. This is a very simple thing to do and is usually much faster.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 8th Oct, 2021 04:43 AM

For the sake of completeness:

I also had this phenomenon today with an installation. After a reinstall of xbian-update didn't help, I then ran

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall systemd libpam-systemd

and after a reboot everything was as it should be.
It seems that some maintenance scripts or whatever were not executed correctly

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 8th Oct, 2021 01:06 PM

(8th Oct, 2021 04:43 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall systemd libpam-systemd

Thank you very much for this update. Tried it, sadly to no avail. The reinstall worked fine, but my error remains.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 8th Oct, 2021 08:20 PM

This is desperate. I also updated Kodi (xbian-package-xbmc) at the same time, but that won't have fixed the bug i think.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Gauner - 8th Oct, 2021 10:41 PM

(8th Oct, 2021 08:20 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  I also updated Kodi (xbian-package-xbmc) at the same time, but that won't have fixed the bug i think.

No, at least not on my installation, tried that before, see above.

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - Nachteule - 8th Oct, 2021 11:50 PM

Then unfortunately I can't think of anything else to say Sad

RE: No power off options in Kodi Menu - smirko - 24th Feb, 2022 08:19 PM

It's been some time, but I actually managed to overcome the issue by combining some of the steps mentioned in this and some other threads regarding shutdown options being unavailable.

I tried:
Code:
apt-get install systemd libpam-systemd

Apparently, those packages were missing, as regular installation (without the --reinstall flag), worked.
This resulted in some packages being removed, elogind and libpam-elogind among others.
However, the issue persisted.

Then I thought about going back in the /var/log/dpkg.log* files, to investigate which packages might have been removed recently.
And apparently, a couple of weeks ago, I removed (unconsciously) a few important packages like policykit-1, libsystemd0, systemd and libpam-systemd

So, the solution for me was:
first:
Code:
apt-get install systemd libpam-systemd
then
Code:
apt-get install policykit-1
I'm not sure, but I think I did a reboot and the shutdown menu was working again.