Forum
Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: CuBox-i / Hummingboard (/forum-66.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-70.html)
+--- Thread: Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? (/thread-4137.html)

Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - floreno - 24th Nov, 2021 04:49 PM

Software
XBian version: 1.0 (knockout) (kernel: Linux 4.8.15+rt9+)
XBMC/Kodi version: 17.6 Git:2019-09-12-433b93a-dirty
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model: CuBox-i i4Pro
Power supply rating: 3A
SD card: 64GB Intenso microSDXC Class 10
Network: Ethernet but tried wireless as well
Connected devices: TV (HDMI), Keyboard (USB)

Log files
Link to logfile(s): https://pastebin.com/gh6JCn6b

Problem description:
I flashed the XBian_Latest_imx6.img.gz onto a SD-Card, put it in the CuBox and power up.
Kodi starts but when i try to open the XBian tool inside Kodi it shows a notification "XBian-Config Error, watch logfile for more..." and nothing more.
From the logfile i could see it has something to do with python "query" changed to "Query". But just changing the Code brings the next error up.

How to reproduce:
Flash XBian_Latest_imx6.img.gz on SD-Card and try opening the Xbian configtool inside Kodi.

Is the shipped Kodi version 17.6 not a little bit too old?
Already tried updating with "sudo xbian-config" tool without success and fatal error.

RE: Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - Nachteule - 25th Nov, 2021 03:06 AM

Kodi does not support i.MX6 hardware anymore. Therefore, the last available version is 17.6 in the image

Kodi does not support i.MX6 hardware anymore. Therefore, the last available version is 17.6 in the image
I spent some time to build and test the mainstream version once. Unfortunately it is so bad that you can't publish it.
In plain language: i.MX6 support is unfortunately practically no longer available

RE: Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - Lemonsquare - 6th Jun, 2023 05:34 PM

I apologize for posting an irrelevant comment, but I want to ask a question and I can't start a new thread until I post at least twice in other threads.

I'll just post twice in the same thread so I'm not polluting a bunch of different threads with my useless comments.

RE: Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - carinamo - 14th Jul, 2023 02:18 PM

Double-check the version number of the Kodi/XBMC software you received. Compare it with the official website or the expected version for the particular device or distribution you are using. Ensure you're looking at the correct release or update for your specific device or platform.
jacksmith

RE: Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - jesse99 - 10th Aug, 2023 01:08 PM

(6th Jun, 2023 05:34 PM)Lemonsquare Wrote:  I apologize for posting an irrelevant comment, but I want to ask a question and I can't start a new thread until I post at least twice in other threads. wordle unlimited
Me too! I'm a newbie and this forum requires me to post at least two replies before I can start a new topic.

RE: Wrong Kodi/XMBC Version shipped? - vietheo - 11th Dec, 2023 03:00 AM

Thank you for sharing it.

(10th Aug, 2023 01:08 PM)jesse99 Wrote:  
(6th Jun, 2023 05:34 PM)Lemonsquare Wrote:  I apologize for posting an irrelevant comment, but I want to ask a question and I can't start a new thread until I post at least twice in other threads. [color=#ccc]wordle unlimited[/color]
Me too! I'm a newbie and this forum requires me to post at least two replies before I can start a new topic.

Thank you for sharing it.