Forum
Xbian language selection in Kodi - all languages available - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian language selection in Kodi - all languages available (/thread-4138.html)

Xbian language selection in Kodi - all languages available - postcd - 29th Nov, 2021 08:37 PM

When i have downloaded the Xbian Raspeberry Pi 4 image like 2.5 weeks ago, during initial setup guide in Kodi interface i was unable to select my language. Possibly it does not need so much disk space and the benefit of allowing all language users to be guided through the initial setup using their language is significant. Thanks to me resorting to english i also had trouble with keyboard/passwords due to quertz/querty, numeric symbols being called differently.

RE: Xbian language selection in Kodi - all languages available - Nachteule - 29th Nov, 2021 09:31 PM

To see Kodi correctly in the desired language and also so that the keyboard works correctly in Kodi, Kodi offers everything to install the desired language package and the keyboard layout can be set there for Kodi. This is pure Lodi thing and actually has little to nothing to do with XBian

RE: Xbian language selection in Kodi - all languages available - postcd - 29th Nov, 2021 09:59 PM

> This is pure Lodi thing and actually has little to nothing to do with XBian

So i should submit this request to Kodi so they add all languages by default? Because LibreELEC allowed the selection on initial setup, but Xbian is stupid, thinking everyone will speak english or such - not allowed me to select my language.

> Kodi offers everything to install the desired language package

Then how user can install it in the first step of the initial setup process when the Xbian is launched 1st time? I think that the user sees several steps and prompts in english and that is wrong. I have said that i was unable to select my language and that: "benefit of allowing all language users to be guided through the initial setup using their language is significant"

RE: Xbian language selection in Kodi - all languages available - bettycooper - 7th Jul, 2022 03:07 PM

In most cases, this means that your language pack needs updating. Check with the developer of your language pack to see if they have updated it. io games foodle