Forum
[SOLVED] Kodi flickers when navigating - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Kodi flickers when navigating (/thread-4160.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Kodi flickers when navigating - grandcanyon - 27th Apr, 2023 11:46 AM

(27th Apr, 2023 03:17 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  
(27th Apr, 2023 03:12 AM)grandcanyon Wrote:  I changed the adjust display refresh rate to On Start in Videos -> Settings and it doesn't flicker as bad. I can navigate Simple IPTV guide without it flickering after every 4th or so key/remote stroke.

What are you trying to tell us? Unfortunately, this does not change the fact that you obviously have a significant hardware problem.

I'm trying to tell you that this marginally improves the situation but not completely so I wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions. I don't know what my hardware issue could be. New power supply, new cable don't know what else it could be unless my PI is bad.

RE: Kodi flickers when navigating - Nachteule - 27th Apr, 2023 11:19 PM

My impression is that simply your Pi3B+ has a defect, or it just will not or can not work with your TV correctly.
I also have such a case, it is a Pi3 (without +), which immediately overheats as soon as he gets something to do. I had tried with larger and larger heat sinks to solve the problem. Unfortunately in vain Sad

RE: Kodi flickers when navigating - grandcanyon - 30th Apr, 2023 07:23 AM

I changed the adjust resolution on start/stop and now it doesn't flicker at all. I also no longer get idle freezes which basically happens with nothing running and I turn on the TV and the screen is frozen as I can see that the time hasn't changed. I turned off timeshift as well as I seemed to get stream freezes with this on.

RE: Kodi flickers when navigating - Nachteule - 1st May, 2023 12:06 AM

In the meantime, nothing surprises me anymore
I have to ask now, do you by chance overclock your Pi3B+?

RE: Kodi flickers when navigating - grandcanyon - 1st May, 2023 09:07 AM

(1st May, 2023 12:06 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  In the meantime, nothing surprises me anymore
I have to ask now, do you by chance overclock your Pi3B+?

No, I don't overclock my Pi3B+.

It's never been overclocked. Probably won't buy you much IMHO.

Kodi flickers when navigating - f1vefour - 3rd May, 2023 06:58 PM

It buys you quite a bit actually but that's not really relevant here.