Forum
CEC stops working - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: CEC stops working (/thread-4164.html)

CEC stops working - grandcanyon - 5th Feb, 2023 11:45 AM

I'm having an issue where CEC stops working so then I have to go to the Settings page and disable and then enable and then it will start working again until the next time. Running a Rpi 3+ with the latest xbian running Nexus. I'm not seeing anything in the kodi nor syslog but I'm not sure which log would contain the info so I greped all the logs (/var/log) for cec and nothing came back. Don't tell me it's my system again lol.

RE: CEC stops working - Nachteule - 6th Feb, 2023 04:22 AM

This is probably related to your flickering display. have you finally changed the HDMI cable?

You should probably also enable the debug logs in Kodi and enable CEC in component log can also not hurt.
Maybe you will see more.

RE: CEC stops working - grandcanyon - 6th Feb, 2023 08:39 AM

(6th Feb, 2023 04:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  This is probably related to your flickering display. have you finally changed the HDMI cable?

You should probably also enable the debug logs in Kodi and enable CEC in component log can also not hurt.
Maybe you will see more.

I've tried two different cables. I will enable the CEC component and see what that says. Maybe that will give me a hint to both issues.

RE: CEC stops working - Nachteule - 6th Feb, 2023 11:32 PM

Hmmm, can you tell when exactly CEC stops working? During video playback, while Kodi is doing nothing, or even when the TV is turned off.
Or is there no pattern at all

RE: CEC stops working - grandcanyon - 7th Feb, 2023 12:27 PM

(6th Feb, 2023 11:32 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  Hmmm, can you tell when exactly CEC stops working? During video playback, while Kodi is doing nothing, or even when the TV is turned off.
Or is there no pattern at all
Seems to happen when I turn the TV on usually in the AM from when I shut it off the night before. I can turn the TV off and then back on and CEC still works.