Forum
[PROBLEM] Installing a kodi-visualization package - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Installing a kodi-visualization package (/thread-4174.html)

Installing a kodi-visualization package - grandcanyon - 20th Jul, 2023 12:56 PM

I've tried installing the different kodi visualizations but I get an error. I'm running a Rpi3+ with the lastest xbian running Nexus (20.2)

Code:
sudo apt install kodi-visualization-waveform
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-shairplay : Conflicts: libshairplay0
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

How can I fix this?

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - Nachteule - 25th Jul, 2023 07:17 PM

You can't
You are trying to install something that is not compatible with the xbian-package-xbmc package.
FYI: You can only use the binary addons that are included by default in this package.

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - grandcanyon - 29th Jul, 2023 12:53 PM

Is the FishBMC visualization working? It comes installed with xbian but it doesn't work for me. The kodi log file doesn't say anything about what the issue could be.

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - Nachteule - 29th Jul, 2023 07:39 PM

What does that mean exactly?

Debug log activated?

Which hardware? << ok, I see: RPi3+

I had tested all the visualisations and screensavers once that can be built for PIs at all and that also work. But that was a while ago. It's possible that something has changed.

I think such things are gross nonsense anyway.

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - grandcanyon - 30th Jul, 2023 12:44 AM

Yes, I activated the debug log and it shows that /usr/local/lib/kodi/addons/visualization.fishbmc/visualization.fishbmc.so.20.2.0 was loaded but when I turn it on nothing happens. It didn't really say what the issue was. I was expecting more info from the debug log.

Staring at a blank screen is a bit boring for me.

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - Nachteule - 30th Jul, 2023 01:22 AM

Aha

But I can only repeat it. It's a pity to waste time on such crap.
Buy an aquarium, that's much better Smile

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - grandcanyon - 30th Jul, 2023 04:08 AM

(30th Jul, 2023 01:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Aha

But I can only repeat it. It's a pity to waste time on such crap.
Buy an aquarium, that's much better Smile
But you have to clean an aquarium and feed the fish. That's too much work for me.

I was able to get waveform working by compiling and then installing it as a zip. I tried the spectrum and projectm but the log file said I had a version error even though I used Kodi 20.2 and the visualization of 20.2. Maybe the waveform worked since there was a version 20.2.1 as ver 20.2 also gave me a version error or it could possibly be because I was using kodi from github and not xbian's sources.

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - Nachteule - 30th Jul, 2023 06:07 AM

Waveform and spectrum are also already included in the xbian-package-xbmc package

I have now made a few tests, result:
fishbmc does not work on a rpi3b+, shadertoy works partially (some shaders work, some don't. why that is, I don't know, probably because of the GLES version).

fishbmc and shadertoy, however, work completely on a raspberry pi4, but a different GLES version (v3) is used, whereas on pi3 it is v2.

RE: Installing a kodi-visualization package - grandcanyon - 30th Jul, 2023 06:54 AM

I see. Thanks for the info.