Forum
RasPi 5 announced! - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Other news (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: RasPi 5 announced! (/thread-4177.html)

Pages: 1 2

RasPi 5 announced! - gkusiak - 29th Sep, 2023 02:19 AM

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-5/

it looks like it will be a perfect match for kodi v21+ which might be getting into beta shortly if you've been following along on the github or blog (https://kodi.tv/blog/)

seeing as xbian is already basically at debian bookworm as far as I understand things, we shouldn't have to wait too long for a version of xbian built for a RasPi 5, right? let's say possibly early in the new year?

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Exnor - 29th Sep, 2023 04:19 AM

Was about to post this news lol.

The only thing i did not like, in the announcement, was the price. Starts at 60 US dollars, so that means that is not going to be has affordable has the Pi 1,2 and 3.

With some luck we might see the prices of Pi 4's finally dropping to something acceptable / non overpriced.

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - gkusiak - 29th Sep, 2023 02:19 PM

The Pi4 supply is getting pushed out to make room on shelves for the 5, so if you're a thorough and careful shopper, I'm sure you'll find one for the price you want to pay...but I'm saving my money to upgrade my Pi4->Pi5 when a version of xbian is ready/available for it. I'm not disappointed in the price, as it is a significantly more capable machine...maybe there will be Black Friday sales

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Nachteule - 21st Oct, 2023 04:35 AM

I'm already working on it.
The kernel will be adjusted this weekend, let's see if the promise is kept and tomorrow the first Pi5 will be sold and shipped.
As soon as I get one XBian should be available in a few days after that, not only in the new year

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - gkusiak - 17th Nov, 2023 04:38 AM

yes, xbian is in a very good state at the moment...THANK YOU!!

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - afrazkhan - 28th Dec, 2023 05:29 AM

Does Xbian already support the Raspberry Pi 5?

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Nachteule - 29th Dec, 2023 10:05 PM

It has already been prepared for this. But unfortunately it can't be completed without hardware. After eternal delivery problems and very slow delivery after ordering, the matter was further delayed. Today the package with the new Raspberry Pi 5 finally arrived. Hopefully it will be ready in a few days

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - afrazkhan - 2nd Jan, 2024 10:22 PM

Excellent Smile Thank you.

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - scr33n - 4th Jan, 2024 03:00 AM

I'm looking forward to the update! I also received a raspi 5 today! Smile

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Nachteule - 5th Jan, 2024 01:25 AM

Just found time today for the new Raspberry Pi 5
As far as I can see everything is working now so far that an image (only for 64 bit and Kodi v21) can be built for it.
Guess it will be ready this weekend

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - scr33n - 8th Jan, 2024 11:50 PM

Nice! I am ready to try it out

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Nachteule - 14th Jan, 2024 05:39 AM

From today a 64 bit image is available which can be used for the Raspberri Pi's 3, 4 and 5

The name of the image is XBian_2024.01.13_arm64_rpi4.img.gz respectively XBian_Latest_arm64_rpi4.img.gz

It should be noted that the staging and the devel repository is activated in this image by default because of the Kodi 21 beta package.

The XBian.org website, especially the download page there does not know anything about it yet, an update will be made in the next few days, but with our spartan XBian-installer the image can be downloaded and flashed to sd-card.

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - raudpats - 6th Feb, 2024 07:50 PM

Hi,
I've downloaded XBian_2024.02.02_arm64_rpi4.img.gz and got my new RPI5 up and running with this but official active cooling fan I installed is keeping running at full speed from moment I boot this up. Temperature can't be so high yet. Are there anyone using this fan and running XBian - is this fan working normally for you?

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Nachteule - 6th Feb, 2024 10:57 PM

(6th Feb, 2024 07:50 PM)raudpats Wrote:  Hi,
I've downloaded XBian_2024.02.02_arm64_rpi4.img.gz and got my new RPI5 up and running with this but official active cooling fan I installed is keeping running at full speed from moment I boot this up. Temperature can't be so high yet. Are there anyone using this fan and running XBian - is this fan working normally for you?

I have such an active cooler myself, but I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.
There are currently more important problems to solve in connection with the new Raspberry Pi 5, for example Bluetooth does not work in this image

RE: RasPi 5 announced! - Nachteule - 7th Feb, 2024 10:41 PM

(6th Feb, 2024 07:50 PM)raudpats Wrote:  Hi,

Brief status report:
Bluetooth is now working here and fan control as well
I don't want to promise anything yet, but a new version of the 64bit image may be available at the weekend