Forum
[PROBLEM] How to uninstall fail2ban? it fails with errors. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] How to uninstall fail2ban? it fails with errors. (/thread-4190.html)

How to uninstall fail2ban? it fails with errors. - postcd - 2nd Jul, 2024 04:42 AM

I have installed fail2ban: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-4178-post-37899.html#pid37899 (now closed Sleepy)
But it can't uninstall now (as per the output)

Quote:dpkg: error processing package fail2ban (--remove):
installed fail2ban package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Running on BCM2711 with XBian 12.0 - Bullseye, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 6.1.66+

Please what to try?

UPDATE:
I have prefixed three lines of the second "if" confition in /var/lib/dpkg/info/fail2ban.prerm by character "#" and then it removed the package without "pre-removal script" error. Thanks

RE: How to uninstall fail2ban? it fails with errors. - Nachteule - 17th Jul, 2024 06:23 PM

A bit late, but there are snapshots for such cases. Simply revert to the snapshot that was created before file2ban was installed.

Another alternative would be to comment out the command that produces the error in the maintenance script and try again. I have had to do this several times, Theese scripts are located in /var/lib/dpkg/info/, in your case files /var/lib/dpkg/info/fail2ban*

hth

RE: How to uninstall fail2ban? it fails with errors. - jamegreatjame - 23rd Jul, 2024 04:43 PM

(17th Jul, 2024 06:23 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  A bit late, but there are snapshots for such cases. Simply revert to the snapshot that was created before file2ban was installed.

Another alternative would be to comment out the command that produces the error in the maintenance script and try again. I have had to do this several times, Theese scripts are located in /var/lib/dpkg/info/, in your case files /var/lib/dpkg/info/fail2ban*

hth

Yes, It is really helpful, thank you for sharing this tip.