Forum
avoiding sleep mode - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: avoiding sleep mode (/thread-437.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: avoiding sleep mode - MM3 - 26th Jun, 2013 06:22 PM

(19th Jun, 2013 07:28 PM)zilexa Wrote:  Hmm I might have a similar issue: when I am long away from the RPi (TV is off) and I turn the tv back on, the XBMC screen is dimmed. There is no screensaver, it's just the XBMC UI but its dimmed. I can do everything, everything still works.

But to get out of this dimmed screen mode, I need to play a video, then stop the video. Now my screen is correctly lit again.

I use CEC since I use my tv remote so I do not want to disable it. How to fix this?

Count me as having the same issue. I have turned off the screensaver (found in settings appearance from memory) but, leaving the pi with the TV off for long periods, I lose it off the network, cant ssh into either, and then when i go to the TV, through xbian interface which I eventually get xbian up via CEC (samsung TV) remote but I find that the network is lost - no ip address - only reboot cures this issue. Very frustrating at the moment. I have tried many different things, and I can't seem to get it from not 'sleeping' if that indeed is what it is doing.

RE: avoiding sleep mode - hakbjo03 - 25th Jul, 2013 05:12 PM

Hi

I have the exact same problem....any news how to fix this?

My pi gos to "sleep" or at least get black and i cant connect to it. The only way to get it to run properly again is to reboot.

I have two rpi with xbian and i am having the same problem with both of them.

Pleas help

HÃ¥kan

RE: avoiding sleep mode - IriDium - 25th Jul, 2013 06:57 PM

Have you looked in the "secret" XBMC option?

System-> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC

Re: avoiding sleep mode - f1vefour - 26th Jul, 2013 02:12 AM

Someone with this issue post dmesg to pastebin if they can, it may have more relevant information about what process is dying than the xbmc log.

RE: avoiding sleep mode - herbie4 - 8th Oct, 2013 09:55 PM

FYI -> Had a problem here to with v1 B1 on Rpi. When playing radio stream the Rpi stopped the stream after about 15 min. Even with the tv being switched on. I disabled the sleep mode in Confluence theme and the problem was gone. Bit strange as the sleepmode there was set on 3 min. But it worked for me.