Forum
hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian (/thread-459.html)

hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - Zanardi - 15th Feb, 2013 04:31 AM

Hi,

I have a WinXP PC, with an Hauppauge USB DVB-T
With the sw WinTV I view and record from TV.

Is possible to produce a stream video from my PC to the raspberry, for view the TV on raspberry?

Someone give me some inspiration? Wink

RE: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - belese - 16th Feb, 2013 07:25 PM

I think if you use VLC on your pc to sream flux, it should be possible.

There are many guids on web.

Thsi one for eg:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/224939-Streaming-Digital-TV-Over-A-Network

RE: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - Zanardi - 16th Feb, 2013 10:43 PM

(16th Feb, 2013 07:25 PM)belese Wrote:  I think if you use VLC on your pc to sream flux, it should be possible.

There are many guids on web.

Thsi one for eg:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/224939-Streaming-Digital-TV-Over-A-Network

On the server, I try to use VLC to produce a stream:

And open another VLC for show the stream:

I don't see nothing.
(before this test, I try to use VLC to show one digital channel and I can show it, the problem is produce a stream for another device).

But.... what kind of stream I can receive on raspberry????? What protocol?

RE: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - belese - 17th Feb, 2013 12:21 AM

Like you do, seems you have to use udp protocol, but i'm not a user of vlc, so don't know more,
but should have many howto on web.

and for xbmc, you have to create a .strm file and put your server adress in.

RE: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - CurlyMo - 17th Feb, 2013 12:24 AM

Doesn't this device work directly on the raspberry pi?

RE: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - Zanardi - 17th Feb, 2013 01:14 AM

(17th Feb, 2013 12:24 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Doesn't this device work directly on the raspberry pi?

Maybe.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

The first problem is that the raspberry is not able to power it directly. I need a HUB and I don't have actually.

Another problem is that with my pc I can record from 2 channel or show one channel and record from another channel.

I don't think, for example that I can play a fullHD films and at the same time use the USB DVB for record a channel with xbian....

For these reasons, I thought, at least initially, to try to connect the raspberry to a simple video stream.

(17th Feb, 2013 12:21 AM)belese Wrote:  Like you do, seems you have to use udp protocol, but i'm not a user of vlc, so don't know more,
but should have many howto on web.

and for xbmc, you have to create a .strm file and put your server adress in.

Uhm. Now, I have try with another stream protocol:

RTP / MPEG Transport Stream

With this protocoll on the second VLC I show correctly the stream send from the first VLC.

The problem now is: xbian can receive this stream?
How can I set in Xbian to open this stream?

RE: hauppauge WinTV, produce stream video for Xbian - belese - 23rd Feb, 2013 05:38 AM

in a folder,
just create yourtitle.strm file with the stream url in,
and browse file from video file in xbmc.