Forum
[PROBLEM] why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? (/thread-462.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - kraleksandr - 11th Mar, 2013 02:25 PM

It works, thanks.

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - JayBlanc - 13th Apr, 2013 10:30 PM

Is there any chance these could be set as the defaults for the distribution? Switching off "standby when TV is switched off" might be a good idea too, in case that ever causes issues.

why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - Koenkk - 14th Apr, 2013 01:42 AM

(13th Apr, 2013 10:30 PM)JayBlanc Wrote:  Is there any chance these could be set as the defaults for the distribution? Switching off "standby when TV is switched off" might be a good idea too, in case that ever causes issues.

That depends on what most of the users prefer to have by default

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - rikardo1979 - 14th Apr, 2013 01:59 AM

default and what most people use is the actual settings so I would just leave it Wink

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - JumbledGrass - 11th Jul, 2014 06:21 AM

(11th Mar, 2013 01:05 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  You have to disable to the cec active signal in System -> Settings -> System -> input devices -> pheriphals -> cec to disable that (I think)

Software
XBian version: 1.0RC2
XBMC version: 13 latest (auto-updates are on)
Overclock settings: XBian

Hardware
Power supply rating: 5v 1500mA
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb):
SD card size and make/type:
Integral 16GB Class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Samsung LCD TV

Logfile
XBMCLogs

Problem description:
Hi. I'm waking this thread up because I've tried Koenkk's suggestion but my TV still turns on upon restart, so I think a bug exists. Relevant part of log file shows CEC errors but I don't understand them. I hope somebody else does.

How to reproduce:

1. Set cec options via XBMC as:

"Make XBMC the active source when starting": OFF
"Devices to turn on": NONE
"Devices to turn off": NONE
"Put devices into standby when activating screensaver": ON
"When the TV is switched off": IGNORE

All other cec options default.

2. Turn the TV off

3. In SSH session,
Terminal
sudo shutdown -r now

4. TV turns on.

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - nsviper - 19th Aug, 2014 09:35 PM

JumbledGrass, I'm having the same issue since upgrading to RC2 Gotham (fresh install on SD card/USB, then apt-get update/upgrade to bring everything up)

Settings as above and hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in config.txt but TV still automatically switches over (worked flawlessly in beta2 and alpha5)

Hope someone has a fix? Smile

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - IriDium - 20th Aug, 2014 01:11 AM

Status changed back to Problem

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - JumbledGrass - 20th Aug, 2014 02:20 AM

Thank you for changing status back to Problem.

My hugely unsatisfactory workaround at the moment is disabling the CEC function altogether and using my tablet as a remote instead of the TV's remote control unit. It at least saves headaches when other people might be watching TV and the set switches itself over.

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - IriDium - 21st Aug, 2014 12:59 AM

I have not had an issue with this, but I will try and replicate.

I have:
"Make XBMC the active source when starting": ON not OFF
"Put devices into standby when activating screensaver": OFF not ON

Also I have

[*] 1 [ Force HDMI output when no tv is identified set in ssh xbian-config

Also can you include the output of dmesg (it might have something) (xbmc.log doesn't show anything useful) also what the make of TV you have (Mine is LG). I remember from a while ago that Samsung TV's did have issues with CEC but I can't remember what it was.

[Edit] See Samsung

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - mk01 - 9th Oct, 2014 08:05 AM

what I miss in the reports (I mean from the new faces I see there) if that unwanted TV on happens because of RPI fW (when you plug RPI on power) or because of XBMC being started (what happens 30-50s after power on).

if it happens at FW part,
Code:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

is solution.

if it happens at XBMC, user should consider "make XBMC active on XBMC start" cec-setting. although some TV can work with that option being active and not turn ON - it is going against CEC specs. ActiveSource command is defined as command to make TV display required pic/video FROM exactcly specified device on CEC bus - what logically assumes the TV will go on if was OFF. otherwise the command has no mean.

so if case1(fw) use to two settings (to be put into /boot/config.txt). I don't actually remember anyone reporting it didn't fix the switching to ON. (there needs to be said that correctly programmed TV must not turn ON on HDMI replug event even WITHOUT those forced parameters. if it does, actual BUG is at TV, not the other end.

if we speak about case2(XBMC) - recheck the cec settings. if this is as I described before, then we can start with presenting the case. although currently the core CEC handling is considered as working as expected - there is numerous other factors and variables in effect - but problem should be traceable - DEBUG xbmc.log REQUIRED in that case - from very start of the log - wait until TV turns on + 20s then XBMC can be QUIT and XBMC log sent.

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - JumbledGrass - 3rd Dec, 2014 06:41 AM

Okay, progress.

case1(fw)

Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Pi does not switch source on boot.

case2(XBMC)

When "make XBMC active on XBMC start" is disabled, source is still switched when XBMC starts.

Debug log (starting from cold boot, I waited until the screen turned on, waited 20 seconds and did Quit)
http://pastebin.com/x3uvugpc

RE: why xbian turn on my tv when it boots? - mk01 - 6th Dec, 2014 04:57 PM

@JumbledGrass

there is second cec-client starting in console parallel with XBMC (according to the log).

can you open /etc/default/xbmc and double check that all CEC related settings are off ? that means
SCREENOFF=no
XBMCOFF=no
XBMCEXITON=no
SCROFFHALT=no

then retry. if still problems send log again, but please DEBUG. Cec is logged only when DEBUG is enabled.