Forum
[HOW-TO] Install in BerryBoot - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [HOW-TO] Install in BerryBoot (/thread-477.html)

Pages: 1 2

R: RE: [HOW-TO] Install in BerryBoot - coloxim - 6th Dec, 2013 07:26 AM

(6th Dec, 2013 06:50 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(6th Dec, 2013 04:16 AM)coloxim Wrote:  
(6th Dec, 2013 02:09 AM)mk01 Wrote:  how you will start the programs it is solely up to you…

you flash raspbian, you configure basic things through raspi-config, then set boot to console only. you installs XBian packages and nothing extra will happen. you restart, you will se the same as before. when XBian is installed on top of raspian then XBMC is not set to autostart.

Ohh.... Perfect... And for update it? I've to download new .deb or can I update directly from raspberry ?

you use apt-get upgrade & update, or just click update from XBMC or allow autoupdates.

Wooww...
So is like have xbian more and less...

Thank you so much!!

I'll waiting for .deb..

Thanks thanks thanks..!!!!

RE: [HOW-TO] Install in BerryBoot - MediaMarat - 30th Dec, 2013 04:44 AM

(5th Dec, 2013 09:26 AM)mk01 Wrote:  this is often requested by the users so you don't have to care about two separated systems - but if it is not suitable for you, you choose to host another system on standalone partition, drive or subvolume on XBian's btrfs filesystem. then if cmdline.txt contains "bootmenu" XBian's during early boot searches all attached drives (SD cards, sticks, USB external drives) for user boot configuration (boot netry). then it lets you to pick one and boot it.

you will find details under section Installation in few hours.

mk

Could you please put some info regarding bootmenu configuration?

I, specifically, have a sd card with xbian and i want to make another partition (ext4) with raspbian and could choose which one to boot or timeout to default xbian.

I don't want to run xbian on top of this raspbian install.

Thanks

RE: [HOW-TO] Install in BerryBoot - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 09:35 AM

I should finish with last cleaning & test today/tomorrow and will upload to devel. then I will get back to you with short howto.

(for testing you won't need separate partition as you can put raspbian into btrfs subvolume - something like subpartition within one filesystem. benefit is you don't care for resizing and stuff, faster for testing).