Forum
[Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) (/thread-479.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Kevf - 23rd May, 2013 01:42 AM

NZBget worked fine yesterday and this morning, but after pause and resume I got the following errormessage:

'Could not resolve hostname ErrNo 2, No such file or directory'

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Kevf - 25th May, 2013 12:44 AM

I resolved the problem by doing a clean install of Xbian and adding everything (and making an image file afterwards!)

Sickbeard is now on 8081 strangely enough.

Sickbeard also gives the option of updating the version via the GUI. I'm not sure if this would work?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Akodo - 31st May, 2013 11:03 AM

I'm having issues getting the transmission service to start. I've tried both the console GUI and the normal command line and both say that the service has started. However, going into the gui to check the service status it always lists no for whether it's running and I'm unable to access it. This is a brand new clean install of Xbian Alpha 5.

What would you recommend as a starting point to work on debuging this issue.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - numanoids - 2nd Jun, 2013 10:50 PM

Any of you guys found any releases where the files are just numbered extension .1 .2 .3 etc etc ? SabNZBD extracts them fine but looks like nzbget struggles with them.

I run SAB on a meaty system but a mate who's running nzbget on xbian isn't getting them extracted. Recently reinstalled his system but copied backup config files in place but not sure if this is symptomatic of that or something with new releases.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - zilexa - 4th Jun, 2013 08:44 AM

(13th May, 2013 09:53 AM)mk01 Wrote:  Smile)

it can work, because of shell expansion, expressions, redirects and standard outputs and inputs

try
Code:
{ echo "get /index.html\r\n"; sleep 1; } | telnet xbianip 8080

my output
[code]

@mk01, ok I understand the basics. But it will not work on XBian without installing something extras. That leads me to the conclusion this solution cant be the actual solution to what I wanted: have Transmission (installed on the RPi) update the XBMC (installed on the same RPi) library after a download, by running a script, since Transmission has a feature that allows you to point it to a script it will run after each finished download.

reason:
your solution requires Telnet, this command is not available on the RPi. Since I would need to install Telnet, I could simply install curl and be done with it, right?

I was actually just looking for a solution to get this working without installing anything extra... and I think the wget solution is the way to do it since it works via SSH after I login in the RPi! It only does not work when the script is executed via Transmission Sad

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - mk01 - 4th Jun, 2013 11:50 AM

(4th Jun, 2013 08:44 AM)zilexa Wrote:  I was actually just looking for a solution to get this working without installing anything extra... and I think the wget solution is the way to do it since it works via SSH after I login in the RPi! It only does not work when the script is executed via Transmission Sad

yes, sorry, I was so lazy open ssh terminal that I did it from macosx terminal. and there telnet still is.

why I chosen telnet is the fact, that all three (telnet | curl | wget ) are providing you the same. connecting to port 8080 (xbmc) and running while running html get command (what on xbmc side will run the update process). from the tree is telnet the simplest desto minimum possibilities to get the command wrong specially when passed through more shells and command line preprocessors. if the curl (wget) command works for one path (from shell directly) but doesn't when calling from scripts from transmission that means exactly why I chosen (as demonstration) the telnet way.

i mean, the only problem must be nessed all the {}[]"'\%#$ in the command, what will cause different interpretation at xbmc.

btw: I know you don't ant to install anything else, but XBMC supports receiving remote events directly on port 9777. There is nice and small (in perl written) toolchain - it's by default supplied in binary for MacOsx, for linux you can get it at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=EventServer (point 9.1) at the bottom.

it's few kb, doesn't need nothing else as standard perl / python (no extra modules or other shits) and as a result, you will have one .py script which works like:

Code:
xbmc-send [OPTION] --action=ACTION
Example
    xbmc-send --host=192.168.0.1 --port=9777 --action="XBMC.Quit"
Options
    -?, --help            Will bring up this message
    --host=HOST            Choose what HOST to connect to (default=localhost)
    --port=PORT            Choose what PORT to connect to (default=9777)
    --action=ACTION            Sends an action to XBMC, this option can be added multiple times to create a macro

you can't go wrong with that.

and going back to your http://forum.xbian.org/thread-479-post-9990.html#pid9990 post, the easy to remember solution how to get all the parameters, but we don't know syntax/names is to temporarily call such script as a hook to transmission:

echo $(env) >> /tmp/list.environment.txt

then you would just look into the file and you will see all the variables which transmission is passing to your scripts ...

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - zilexa - 4th Jun, 2013 06:33 PM

wow that is a way better solution, xbmc-send.
I did find all parameters from transmission already, I just could not get it working. This will definitely work. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: unfortunately, it seems since I updated to XBMC 12.2, I am not able to run any script via Transmission anymore. Not sure if it is related to the update but last time I tested this simple script, it worked and now it doesn't. I tried chmod +x, chmod +rx, chmod -R 777 to the file. I moved it to /usr/local/etc/transmission, the same folder as settings.json. Nothing. I checked syslog but unfortunately there is no logging of Transmission activities Sad

this is my test script, very easy, works when executed manually via ssh commandline:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo $TR_TORRENT_DIR/$TR_TORRENT_NAME >> /media/usb/Downloads/autoconverted.log

edit2:
I think I got it working now. My mistake: everytime after I edit the sh script (I do this via Cyberduck/FTP on my Mac) I have to do chmod +x again, since it is actually a new file I have to make it executable again .

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 11th Jun, 2013 05:36 PM

I tried to reinstall xBian with the download package 3 times and I keep getting this message when downloading with NZBGet:

Code:
Could not verify Game.of.Thrones.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE/game.of.thrones.s03e10.720p.hdtv: par2-file could not be processed

Would appreciate any kind of help!

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 11th Jun, 2013 08:49 PM

Does this occur only with this download or also with other?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 11th Jun, 2013 09:29 PM

(11th Jun, 2013 08:49 PM)Fred Wrote:  Does this occur only with this download or also with other?
Only with par2's yes, it's a new download so no worries there. I guess it's something about the unpacking part. Tried the SABnzbd package which gives me a much clearer error. It just says that it's missing an unrar program. Installing unrar-free just like what they said at the front page of the thread. But that doesn't solve the problem so I guess I need unrar-nonfree. Don't know how to yet.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 11th Jun, 2013 11:10 PM

Add "deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy main contrib non-free rpi" to your sources list if it's not already:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Install unrar-nonfree and it's dependencies:
Code:
sudo mkdir unrar-nonfree && cd unrar-nonfree
sudo apt-get build-dep unrar-nonfree
sudo apt-get source -b unrar-nonfree
sudo dpkg -i unrar_4.1.4-1_armhf.deb
cd .. && sudo rm -r unrar-nonfree

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 12th Jun, 2013 12:02 AM

(11th Jun, 2013 11:10 PM)Fred Wrote:  Add "deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy main contrib non-free rpi" to your sources list if it's not already:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Install unrar-nonfree and it's dependencies:
Code:
sudo mkdir unrar-nonfree && cd unrar-nonfree
sudo apt-get build-dep unrar-nonfree
sudo apt-get source -b unrar-nonfree
sudo dpkg -i unrar_4.1.4-1_armhf.deb
cd .. && sudo rm -r unrar-nonfree

EDIT: I did a fresh install, installed the download-package, used the unrar-nonfree and started testing with a single episode.
NZBGet did unpacked the file with succes (so it said). But it resulted into this on the root of my external HDD:
Code:
ls: reading directory .: Input/output error
Looking at the file in windows I found a complete download in the /xbian/downloads/tv folder (Used the link method of the first post). In the extracted folder however I found an incomplete episode of 16mb. I was able to extract the rars in windows so it's definetly the unrar-nonfree that's making a mistake here. Any suggestions?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 12th Jun, 2013 04:35 AM

Hmm, okay weird. Couple of questions:
Do you have some details on your HDD? How is it formatted, how is it connected to your RPi?

Is there a brokenlog.txt in the folder where it is downloaded to?
Does nzbget give any warning/error messages?
Can you try unrarring the files manually from command line?
Can you unrar the files on your windows machine?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 12th Jun, 2013 05:35 AM

(12th Jun, 2013 04:35 AM)Fred Wrote:  Do you have some details on your HDD? How is it formatted, how is it connected to your RPi?

I have my HDD, a WD Elements 1 TB, formatted in NTFS, and connected through a power usb hub since the HDD is usb powered. The power supply of the usb hub(Sitecom CN-051) is 5 volts and 2 amps. Which should be enough I guess.

(12th Jun, 2013 04:35 AM)Fred Wrote:  Is there a brokenlog.txt in the folder where it is downloaded to?
As far as I can see, no. A perfect download.

(12th Jun, 2013 04:35 AM)Fred Wrote:  Does nzbget give any warning/error messages?

Even though it had a succes, there are errors and warnings in the log:

Code:
ERROR    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Could not create file /home/xbian//incomplete/queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Collection [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p] added to history
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol47+42.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol25+22.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol14+11.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol07+07.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol03+04.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol01+02.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Deleting file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].vol00+01.PAR2 from download queue
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Cleaning up download queue for [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p]
ERROR    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Could not par-check [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p]: there are no par-files
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    post-process-script for [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p]/[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p] requested par-check/repair for all collections
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Completed post-process-script for [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p]/[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p]
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Requesting par-repair
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: rm: cannot remove `extracted/[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].mkv': Input/output error
ERROR    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Unrar failed
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Aborted
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Input/output errorterminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Program aborted
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Cannot close the file ./extracted/[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].mkv
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Input/output error
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Program aborted
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Read error in the file [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].part1.rar
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Post-Process: Extracting ./extracted/[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].mkv  0% 1% 2%
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:11:10    Post-Process: Extracting from [HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 10 [720p].part1.rar
DETAIL    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:11:10    Post-Process: UNRAR 4.10 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2012 Alexander Roshal
INFO    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:11:10    Post-Process: Unraring

(12th Jun, 2013 04:35 AM)Fred Wrote:  Can you try unrarring the files manually from command line?

EDIT: Used "unrar e <filename>" Had a problem at 94%, it gave me the exact same simple I/O error.

(12th Jun, 2013 04:35 AM)Fred Wrote:  Can you unrar the files on your windows machine?

I did like I said above (apparently not clear). 0 errors and a perfect file came out.

Also found out that I get the exact same IO error when I unplug and replug the HDD into the powered usb hub without a reboot.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 12th Jun, 2013 06:16 AM

Have you followed the instructions from the OP to move your folders to the external HDD? And did you make any changes to your nzbget settings apart from the newsserver settings?

I ask this because the directory in the first line in the log does not seem right (the double slash)
Code:
ERROR    Tue Jun 11 2013 20:12:14    Could not create file /home/xbian//incomplete/queue

From the OP:
Quote:mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/incomplete /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/torrents /media/usb/
ln -s /media/usb/downloads /home/xbian/downloads
ln -s /media/usb/incomplete /home/xbian/incomplete
ln -s /media/usb/torrents /home/xbian/torrents

But that shouldn't give any I/O errors. I personally don't have any experience with usb powered hdd through a powered usb hub. I use a hdd with its own power supply directly to the RPi.
I still think this problem can be power related. If you have any other usb devices attached, try without them.
What adapter do you have for the RPi itself?

You could also try disabling the overclock (change them back to default [no overclocking] values)

And also run a 'sudo apt-get update' followed by a 'sudo apt-get upgrade' to make sure you have the latest firmware.