Forum
[Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) (/thread-479.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 12th Jun, 2013 06:52 AM

(12th Jun, 2013 06:16 AM)Fred Wrote:  I still think this problem can be power related. If you have any other usb devices attached, try without them.
What adapter do you have for the RPi itself?

I haven't tried disabling the overclock yet but yeah, thats it. I had the RPi powered by the usb hub as well. Now when I have the RPi seperatly powered everything seems to be ok. I can't thank you enough for helping me with this man, cheers.

I might even try to use it powered by the USB hub without the overclock.

Also it's not moving to the correct directory once completed. But that's another thing that I will first search for Smile

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 12th Jun, 2013 06:55 AM

Okay good to hear it is solved. I strongly recommend to keep it this way, and not trying to power it from the USB hub again.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 12th Jun, 2013 07:17 AM

This youtube video gave me a good feeling about the setup though. It IS possible Smile Thanks again

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 12th Jun, 2013 03:46 PM

Nice video. He uses a 3A usb hub so maybe that is making the difference. Also I don't know if these hubs have current limits per usb port, and maybe this could also differ between hubs. Anyway, these were just my recommendations. Great thing about the RPi is you can try all kinds of stuff to make it exactly the way you want it.
If you do just keep in mind if you are experiencing problems again, it could be the power supply. Also, if you get it working of course report it back to us Smile.

Re: RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - rikardo1979 - 12th Jun, 2013 03:56 PM

(12th Jun, 2013 03:46 PM)Fred Wrote:  He uses a 3A usb hub so maybe that is making the difference. Also I don't know if these hubs have current limits per usb port, and maybe this could also differ between hubs.

yes and no
Voltage and current is one thing but most important is how stable the PSU is.Means how stable the current and voltage could deliver when is on load.
Low quality PSU can be rated 5V/3A where on load the voltage may drop below 4.5A or lower what causing a lot of issues.Also the quality and wiring of cable is very important!
Really worth to invest in good quality PSU and USB Hub if needed.
Also, is good to check what is the limit on each USB port on HUB's as there is always a limit

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 14th Jun, 2013 07:23 AM

So far I'm using the anime version of Sickbeard and it's running perfectly with NZBGet. However I'm wondering about 2 things:
1) Is there some sort of service available that pauses downloads whenever I'm playing video on XBMC? I've seen some old threads of other forums. I do think this is a major need in this all-in-one pack.
2 ) Is there a way to set up post-processing for Sickbeard and Couchpotato at the same time(different categories with different scripts)? I really don't know how to do that with the version of NZBGet in the download-package. I do know that it is possible in NZBGet 11.

And about the USB hub power circle. I'll check it out once the software runs perfectly. It's a relatively cheap USB hub so I don't have to much hope anyway.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 14th Jun, 2013 05:13 PM

1) There are solutions that can be found for this on this forum. We already know this would be a nice feature, so maybe if you wait a little bit you don't have to do it yourself Wink.
2) I don't know exactly what you mean. I only use NZBGet post processing for unrarring. The other post processing (renaming and moving) I handle with CouchPotato and Sick Beard. To make sure they don't interfere I use categories for NZBGet, all CouchPotato downloads go to /home/xbian/downloads/movies and all Sick Beard downloads go to /home/xbian/downloads/tvseries.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Zundrium - 14th Jun, 2013 07:01 PM

(14th Jun, 2013 05:13 PM)Fred Wrote:  1) There are solutions that can be found for this on this forum. We already know this would be a nice feature, so maybe if you wait a little bit you don't have to do it yourself Wink.
Ah you're right! Found the thread where Trinket uses several python scripts for stopping and starting services while xbmc is active. Will check it out.

(14th Jun, 2013 05:13 PM)Fred Wrote:  2) I don't know exactly what you mean. I only use NZBGet post processing for unrarring. The other post processing (renaming and moving) I handle with CouchPotato and Sick Beard. To make sure they don't interfere I use categories for NZBGet, all CouchPotato downloads go to /home/xbian/downloads/movies and all Sick Beard downloads go to /home/xbian/downloads/tvseries.
That solves it all as well. I used the PostProcess value in NZBGet to be the sabToSickbeard.py which does work as well. And now I use Scan and Process in Sickbeards post-processing options. Smile Thanks!

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - belese - 22nd Jun, 2013 12:58 AM

Fred, or all,

do you know this, it looks great :
http://htpc.io/#/#features

i don't use (yet) downlaod on pi, but looks interesting for those who use that.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Fred - 22nd Jun, 2013 02:59 AM

Thanks. Looks pretty nice, except it does not support headphones, nzbget and transmission so it's not very useful for this download package. Just gave it a quick try and it seems very lightweight, so from that point of view it would be great.

We already have the xbian-package-maraschino (http://forum.xbian.org/thread-694.html) which does offer support for all of these packages. Only demerit to this one is that it's not so lightweight.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Robbie Wiggins - 23rd Jan, 2014 06:31 PM

is couchpotato due an upgrade as i seem to find in the logs it does not wish to add any films.

i tried to move the cp install folder and then git clone the latest but for the life of me i can not get it to work.