Forum
[Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) (/thread-479.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - okinomo - 1st Mar, 2013 12:54 AM

Thanks guys, I will check it and report back.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kraleksandr - 2nd Mar, 2013 05:56 AM

SOmetimes transmission stops seeding and if I want seed more I must stop this torrent and start again with webUI. Why?
Ratio limit disabled.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - okinomo - 2nd Mar, 2013 10:23 PM

I finally managed to figure out how to edit those files and copy pasted your files you provided into my sickbeard directories. However, I can't seem to get sickbeard running again, it seems as if the server wont even start up anymore. Thoughts?

(26th Feb, 2013 04:30 AM)Faaz0 Wrote:  Ok here are the files i edited to enable kickasstorrents in sickbeard as search provider.

If you installed sickbeard using the xbian package the root folder will be located at:
  • /usr/local/share/sickbeard/

To enable sickbeard support for kickasstorrents you have to edit some files relative to this path, respectively:
  • sickbeard\webserve.py
  • sickbeard\__init__.py
  • sickbeard\databases\mainDB.py
  • sickbeard\providers\__init__.py

Besides, this file needs to be added:
  • sickbeard\providers\kickass.py

To see what needs to be edited compare the files on your system with the files attached to this post (sorry i had some trouble with pastebin so i attached them in a zip archive), or just simply replace your files with the attached files.

It runs like a charm on my rpi, but if there are any problems with the files you can report to me Smile

Have fun!

p.s. don't forget to restart sickbeard:
  • /etc/init.d/sickbeard stop
  • /etc/init.d/sickbeard start

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Faaz0 - 3rd Mar, 2013 12:01 AM

can you run the sickbeard python script:
  • /usr/local/share/sickbeard/SickBeard.py

and come back with what it tells you?

(2nd Mar, 2013 10:23 PM)okinomo Wrote:  I finally managed to figure out how to edit those files and copy pasted your files you provided into my sickbeard directories. However, I can't seem to get sickbeard running again, it seems as if the server wont even start up anymore. Thoughts?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - SolGarlic - 3rd Mar, 2013 12:57 AM

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this Pause download package script running in the 2.0 version?
If so, how did you do it?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Faaz0 - 3rd Mar, 2013 01:46 AM

hi SolGarlic, i didn't see any updates for that package but i'm not sure.
I wrote a little script myself that pauses all transmission downloads when playing video content in xbmc that i can share, but if you're using sabnzbd you'll have to check if somebody did some work for that. Should be some scripts out there since it's not too complicated i guess.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - SolGarlic - 3rd Mar, 2013 05:38 AM

(3rd Mar, 2013 01:46 AM)Faaz0 Wrote:  hi SolGarlic, i didn't see any updates for that package but i'm not sure.
I wrote a little script myself that pauses all transmission downloads when playing video content in xbmc that i can share, but if you're using sabnzbd you'll have to check if somebody did some work for that. Should be some scripts out there since it's not too complicated i guess.

That would be great.
Perhaps with your working script I can mix it with this other one...

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Faaz0 - 3rd Mar, 2013 06:11 AM

(3rd Mar, 2013 05:38 AM)SolGarlic Wrote:  That would be great.
Perhaps with your working script I can mix it with this other one...

Sure no problem, here you go

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - SolGarlic - 3rd Mar, 2013 11:36 AM

In the mean time, Trinket posted a tutorial and latest scripts here.
Tried it but still didn't manage to get it to work...

Perhaps someone can incorporate it in the download package...

(3rd Mar, 2013 06:11 AM)Faaz0 Wrote:  Sure no problem, here you go

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - okinomo - 3rd Mar, 2013 04:37 PM

Faaz, I'll get back to you on that. I tried a fresh install of xbian but can't download the transmission/sickbeard/couchpotato packages for some reason. I'll be back with an update.

Edit:: IT Works!!! Faaz, Thank you so much for your help. I ran that command and see where my errors were. I went through and corrected all of them and now she's working great. Thanks man!

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - harmenzon - 3rd Mar, 2013 08:19 PM

Hi guys. I could use some help. I have installed everything. Working fine. But got some problems with the download speeds when using my external drive.
Downloading speeds to the sd card are about 1500 KB/s. That's fine. But when downloading to my external drive I only get 400 KB/s. I want to know what can cause this difference. It can not be the drive, cause connected to another raspberry pi, using a different setup, I can download with 2000 KB/s.
At first I thought it might have to be caused by linking the files. So I tried a different approach using:
Code:
mkdir -p /home/xbian/shares/
chmod -R 777 "shares"
sudo chown -R xbian:xbian "shares"
mount -t ext4 -o uid=xbian,gid=xbian /dev/sda1 /home/xbian/shares/
nano /etc/fstab
/dev/sda1       /home/pi/shares           ext4    defaults          0       2

But this did not make a difference. Any suggestions are welcome to get normal download speeds. Thanks!

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - woferon - 3rd Mar, 2013 11:42 PM

I've got a problem. Transmission is set to autostart in xbian-config but after every reboot it doesn't start automatically. Any hints?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kraleksandr - 3rd Mar, 2013 11:44 PM

@wolferon did you use transmission or xbian-package-transmission?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - okinomo - 4th Mar, 2013 12:34 AM

Alas, I've almost completed my journey of getting this all setup. I'm stuck on this last part though. Transmission doesn't seem to be pulling in my sickbeard torrents. I checked the settings.json and it is set to the correct directory. Im at a loss. Any thoughts?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Faaz0 - 4th Mar, 2013 12:48 AM

(4th Mar, 2013 12:34 AM)okinomo Wrote:  Alas, I've almost completed my journey of getting this all setup. I'm stuck on this last part though. Transmission doesn't seem to be pulling in my sickbeard torrents. I checked the settings.json and it is set to the correct directory. Im at a loss. Any thoughts?

Set your sickbeard settings for 'torrent black hole' in config -> search settings to '/home/xbian/torrents', then transmission should pick up on them immediately.