Forum
[Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) (/thread-479.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

sickbeard and transmission throttle during playback - Fuzzwah - 9th Mar, 2013 05:19 AM

Sickbeard and Transmission throttle during playback

script.service.dlmanager
An addon for xbmc which stops sickbeard and throttles transmission speed during video playback.

I've found I'm unable to playback HD video while Sickbeard is doing a scan or if torrents in transmission are downloading at more than ~200k/s. This addon stops the sickbeard service and turns on speed limited mode in transmission any time the XBMC screensaver is disabled. Once the screensaver comes back on, sickbeard is restarted and the transmission speed limit mode is disabled.

installation
- configure your speed limit settings in transmission by editing your settings.json (located at /usr/local/etc/transmission/settings.json by default)
- extract the files into your xbmc/addons in a sub-directory called "script.service.dlmanager" (ie: /home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/script.service.dlmanager)
- in XBMC go to the addon's config: system -> settings -> add-ons -> enabled add-ons -> services -> Download Manager -> config
- enter your transmission RPC username / password (there is also an option for the directory path where your transmission-remote binary is stored the default should be correct for any normal apt-get install of transmission)
- enter the sudo password for the user which runs XBMC

todo
- allow configuration of speed limit settings with in XBMC addon config
- add support for couchpotato and headphones?

change log
v0.3
- replaced shell script with python call to transmission-remote to control transmission
- changed sudo command to control sickbeard to include password in command line (removing the need to edit your /etc/sudoers file)
- added changelog.txt so these notes can be seen inside XBMC

v0.2
- replaced hardcoded path with XBMC way of working out script location
- added settings.xml so transmission rpc port, user and pass can be set from with in XBMC rather than editing files
- refactored into one shell script

v0.1
- initial build
- has hardcoded paths (naughty)

notes
Thanks to Trinket and belese for the work done in the Pause download package when video playing thread, which I start off from as a base.

I have the source up on github: https://github.com/Fuzzwah/xbmc_dlmanager so if you find any issues can you please submit a pull request with your fix.

RE: sickbeard and transmission throttle during playback - CurlyMo - 9th Mar, 2013 05:27 AM

Maybe Faaz0 can integrate it in the download package. Or of course, you can do it yourself if you like?

RE: sickbeard and transmission throttle during playback - Faaz0 - 9th Mar, 2013 08:20 AM

seems interesting for integration, i'll check it out Smile

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - nevilos - 11th Mar, 2013 03:34 AM

Can't get unrar to work so SickBeard works and NZBGet works until it gets to post processing. Basically NZBGet logs tell me unrar doesn't work. I've installed unrar-free as instructed somewhere here. I tried manually running just "unrar -x *.rar" and it fails. Do we have any alternatives for this? Not sure how unrar-nonfree's supposed to install.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Faaz0 - 11th Mar, 2013 04:59 AM

(11th Mar, 2013 03:34 AM)nevilos Wrote:  Can't get unrar to work so SickBeard works and NZBGet works until it gets to post processing. Basically NZBGet logs tell me unrar doesn't work. I've installed unrar-free as instructed somewhere here. I tried manually running just "unrar -x *.rar" and it fails. Do we have any alternatives for this? Not sure how unrar-nonfree's supposed to install.

can you post the error when you manually try to run unrar

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - nevilos - 11th Mar, 2013 05:11 AM

Quote:can you post the error when you manually try to run unrar

I've cleared the logs. It looks like unrar-free can't handle extracting from multiple rars or something so I found a way to install unrar-nonfree and got that to extract. Instructions here:

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/3617/how-to-install-unrar-nonfree

Currently extracting slowly now so I'll see if post-processing works from SickBeard into NZBGet soon enough.

Also got a problem with anime since the episodes are numbered and not using the season-episode format like a lot of the American series. I read that there's a sickbeard anime branch somewhere so that might be worth integrating or if there are instructions on how to get and build that from the Pi I could share the package from here.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kadinho - 15th Mar, 2013 09:35 PM

Hi,

I want to download everything to an network location, it is possible ?

thx

regards

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kraleksandr - 16th Mar, 2013 04:12 PM

(15th Mar, 2013 09:35 PM)kadinho Wrote:  Hi,

I want to download everything to an network location, it is possible ?

thx

regards

Why not? When u add new torrent using, as ex., Transmission Remote GUI, u can set any other patch to download to.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - sandoz - 16th Mar, 2013 09:03 PM

what download speed can i expect? currently i am getting 300 kb/s over wifi

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kraleksandr - 16th Mar, 2013 09:12 PM

(16th Mar, 2013 09:03 PM)sandoz Wrote:  what download speed can i expect? currently i am getting 300 kb/s over wifi

I've got 2MB/s DL and 2MB/s UP
But sometimes it says that DL = 4MB/s

[Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - Koenkk - 16th Mar, 2013 10:38 PM

It highly depends on the signa strength, when close to my router I get 5-6mb/s, a few rooms further I only get 1-2mb/s

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - sandoz - 17th Mar, 2013 06:54 PM

nzbget is at 330 kb/s, not higher not lower
is that the limitation of the rpi?

or is it maybe the usb disc that is formatted in ntfs?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kraleksandr - 17th Mar, 2013 07:54 PM

(17th Mar, 2013 06:54 PM)sandoz Wrote:  nzbget is at 330 kb/s, not higher not lower
is that the limitation of the rpi?

or is it maybe the usb disc that is formatted in ntfs?

ntfs is the reason. try ext4.

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - nevilos - 18th Mar, 2013 02:24 AM

I replaced SickBeard with the anime build and it works fine but can't connect to XBMC on localhost:8080

From SickBeard..
XBMC Username: xbian
XBMC Password: raspberry

Am I missing something?

RE: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s) - kraleksandr - 18th Mar, 2013 02:27 AM

@nevilos
I can connect without login-pass (using Chrome). Does u really need an auth?