Forum
WIFI Not working with Special Characters - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: WIFI Not working with Special Characters (/thread-497.html)

WIFI Not working with Special Characters - Hater - 22nd Feb, 2013 07:53 AM

Hello,
First off i'm loving Xbian, great work.

The only problem i'm having at the moment is WiFi, I cannot connect to WiFi if i have special characters in my password, but i am able to connect if i take them out.

Specific characters I have had issues with are <>!#$

When i have special characters it will try to connect for a few minutes, then just drop back to the router listing page without giving an error message.

Is there a fix for this I can apply? Is this a known issue? Id prefer keeping a strong password in on my network, and the friend I am building this for probably has a strong password also.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Id list my system specs, but seems irrelevant since I can connect easily if I take out special characters. I'm using Alpha 5. I just installed it clean last night.

RE: WIFI Not working with Special Characters - CurlyMo - 22nd Feb, 2013 08:01 AM

Is that in both the XBian settings menu in XBMC and in the XBian settings menu through SSH.

RE: WIFI Not working with Special Characters - Hater - 22nd Feb, 2013 08:26 AM

(22nd Feb, 2013 08:01 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Is that in both the XBian settings menu in XBMC and in the XBian settings menu through SSH.

I have only tried it via XBMC config not via SSH. Ill try that first when i get home from work in an hour.

RE: WIFI Not working with Special Characters - Hater - 22nd Feb, 2013 10:01 AM

(22nd Feb, 2013 08:26 AM)Hater Wrote:  
(22nd Feb, 2013 08:01 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Is that in both the XBian settings menu in XBMC and in the XBian settings menu through SSH.

I have only tried it via XBMC config not via SSH. Ill try that first when i get home from work in an hour.

Special characters work fine when doing via SSH, so it appears to be an XBIAN Config only issue. But it would be nice to get this fixed in the future. Thanks for the help

RE: WIFI Not working with Special Characters - CurlyMo - 22nd Feb, 2013 04:36 PM

Can you open an issue about this here: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-config-python/issues