Forum
Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP (/thread-520.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cannot see workgroup s - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 12:54 AM

HI i cannot seem to be able to see my workgroup from my ras pi

also from my pcs i cannot see the pi

i have added a lmhost but still no luck can anyone help please?

Re: Cannot see workgroup s - rikardo1979 - 25th Feb, 2013 12:56 AM

are you sure you have network connection working ?

RE: Cannot see workgroup s - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:04 AM

Hi yes the network is definatly working as my pi connects to my dreambox fine and i can watch live tv on the pi from the dream
i can ping the ip address of the pi to my comp but cannot browse the pi from the pc it is strange

Thanks

Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - Lebrett - 25th Feb, 2013 01:07 AM

First of all I am a noob to Pi and Xbian but not XBMC. Plus I don't know much about command line stuff so I tend to stay away from that. Hence the reason why I chose Xbian since it has a nice and simple GUI installer for OSX. Cudos to all who worked on that and everything on Xbian, it's great and easy to configure.

That said I connected XMBC to my Synology NAS through uPnp only. SMB, NFS or AFP can't connect and I don't know why. I tried to manually add a new location either by name or ip with user name/password etc... But nothing works. So I tested the same operation on my MacbookPro with a fresh copy of XBMC and it's working. So I can rule out the NAS.

I run my Pi with a AData SDHC 8Gb, Belkin wifi dongle, 5v 1a PSU, Xbian 1.0 a5, XBMC 12.

Last thing, everything else works great... Videos plays smooth even in HD. but I would like to use Scrappers which I can't using uPnp. I tried connecting to my other XBMC which I enabled uPnp sharing. It works but navigating through the folders is a pain ( artist, producer, genre, etc...)

Thanks for your help.

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:10 AM

im having the same issue i have posted too hope they can fix this as i was using raspbmc and the update screwed it all up so tried xbian and im getting the same

RE: Cannot see workgroup s - rikardo1979 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:15 AM

(25th Feb, 2013 01:04 AM)jimmyw1985 Wrote:  Hi yes the network is definatly working as my pi connects to my dreambox fine and i can watch live tv on the pi from the dream
i can ping the ip address of the pi to my comp but cannot browse the pi from the pc it is strange

Thanks

to be able to access RPi you have to install SAMBA package Wink
use XBian config

RE: Cannot see workgroup s - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:16 AM

yep done that too with putty still same pal

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - rikardo1979 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:28 AM

(25th Feb, 2013 01:10 AM)jimmyw1985 Wrote:  im having the same issue i have posted too hope they can fix this as i was using raspbmc and the update screwed it all up so tried xbian and im getting the same

please dont create duplicate threads when you seen one already open. I've merged this two into one.
-thx-

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:33 AM

sorry can see pi now in windows but cant see the pc from the pi see attached pic

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - rikardo1979 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:36 AM

how do you trying to do it ?
Videos>Files>Add videos..>Browse>Windows network (SMB) and than Home or Workgroup ?
you should be able to do so as I just using it

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - Lebrett - 25th Feb, 2013 01:40 AM

(25th Feb, 2013 01:36 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  how do you trying to do it ?
Videos>Files>Add videos..>Browse>Windows network (SMB) and than Home or Workgroup ?
you should be able to do so as I just using it

On my side nothing works. Either what you describe or manually adding. Curious.

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:43 AM

yep thats how i do add it like i mentioned all was ok before the most recent updates well on the raspbmc one i had an update the other day this then created this problem my pis have been set up for months without any problem this update broke it
i then decided to try xbian on one of my pis to see if i get the same issue and i do

when trying to add by
Videos>Files>Add videos..>Browse>Windows network (SMB) and than Home or Workgroup

i get to wondows smb and then there is nothing in the list no workgroup option or nothing just the 3 dots ...

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - rikardo1979 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:43 AM

are u sure u have shares proper set on your Windows ? we have had so many users posting pages about where at the end they found that it was problem in their Win systems with shares (not saying is yours but worth to check)

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - jimmyw1985 - 25th Feb, 2013 01:46 AM

yes as stated my pi was fine and working, set up with 2 shares on pc one for movies one for tv shows but update broke it

shares can be seen from other pcs

RE: Unable to connect to SMB, NFS or AFP - Lebrett - 25th Feb, 2013 01:54 AM

(25th Feb, 2013 01:46 AM)jimmyw1985 Wrote:  yes as stated my pi was fine and working, set up with 2 shares on pc one for movies one for tv shows but update broke it

Same situation here...

(25th Feb, 2013 01:46 AM)jimmyw1985 Wrote:  yes as stated my pi was fine and working, set up with 2 shares on pc one for movies one for tv shows but update broke it

Jimmy : are you Wifi too? Have you tried Ethernet?