Forum
IgorPlug-USB / lirc - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: IgorPlug-USB / lirc (/thread-525.html)

Pages: 1 2

IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 25th Feb, 2013 06:57 PM

Hi there!

For a few days I'm trying now to get my USB-IR (IgorPlug-USB) device up with lirc.

The device should be supported using the module lirc_igorplugusb.ko, but unfortunately I was not able to build it yet.

I've cloned the lirc repository in order to get 0.9.1-git and installed - I hope i did - all packages needed for building it. I have linked the kernel-headers as described in http://xbian.blogspot.de/2012/12/xbian-package-kernel-headers-advanced.html.

Everything seems to be fine until configure.sh exits with "error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'".

As searching this board or google was not really taking me further - has anybody successfully built lirc on his pi and might give me some hint or even provide the compiled module?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - CurlyMo - 25th Feb, 2013 07:35 PM

Can you provide me with the compile instruction, then i will look at it.

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 25th Feb, 2013 08:23 PM

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your fast reply!

(25th Feb, 2013 07:35 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Can you provide me with the compile instruction, then i will look at it.

My answer was rejected as spam, so I have sent you some more details as private message - sorry for bothering you this way! Confused

Thanks a lot for your help!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 25th Feb, 2013 09:47 PM

May be there is a chance to change the XBian built for lirc to a configuration done with something like
Code:
./configure --with-driver=all
in order to get the other kernel modules beside of lirc_xbox.ko built as well?

Thanks!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - CurlyMo - 25th Feb, 2013 09:54 PM

I always did

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 25th Feb, 2013 09:58 PM

Ok - one step further!

Installing libtool did the trick! the configuration was done and the module compiled now successfully.

But I'm not able to load the module now, doing
Code:
sudo modprobe lirc_igorplugusb
fails with
Code:
ERROR: could not insert 'lirc_igorplugusb': Exec format error

I guess this can be caused by using the 3.2.0-4 headers for the running 3.6.11+...

Thanks!
Michael

(25th Feb, 2013 09:54 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I always did

That's great! Smile

Although
Code:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/tree/xbian-beta1/lib/modules/3.6.11%2B/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc
is not showing the one I'm searching for...

Thanks a lot!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 26th Feb, 2013 12:19 AM

I just tried the suggested approach of Paul's Raspberry Pi Blog for building modules, but I'm still unable to load the built module exiting with
Code:
ERROR: could not insert 'lirc_igorplugusb': Exec format error

Has anybody successfully compiled additional modules for 3.6.11+ already and might share his approach?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - CurlyMo - 26th Feb, 2013 12:23 AM

My cross-compiler is broke somehow so that was probably the reason i didn't succeed. Will try again when i got a working setup again.

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 26th Feb, 2013 12:33 AM

(26th Feb, 2013 12:23 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  My cross-compiler is broke somehow so that was probably the reason i didn't succeed. Will try again when i got a working setup again.

I really appreciate your effort and am looking forward to your result! Smile

Thanks a lot!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - CurlyMo - 26th Feb, 2013 06:10 AM

Here you go:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/tree/xbian-beta1/lib/modules/3.6.11%2B/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 26th Feb, 2013 04:37 PM

Thank you so much for spending your time and making the modules availlable for everybody!

But for me it's getting strange now... Confused

I just downloaded the module from github, but
Code:
/sbin/depmod -a
exits with
Code:
ERROR: failed to load symbols from /lib/modules/3.6.11+/misc/lirc_igorplugusb.ko: Exec format error
already.

I will re install XBian this evening and try your provided module again - luckily my configurations are manageable and in the end this should fix whatever I did to my pi... Smile

Thanks a lot!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - CurlyMo - 26th Feb, 2013 07:26 PM

You need to update the whole kernel. So the whole /lib/modules/3.6.11+ folder and /boot/kernel.img

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 26th Feb, 2013 11:19 PM

Just tried it and the module loads without grumbling! Smile

Thanks a lot for all your help!
Michael

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - CurlyMo - 26th Feb, 2013 11:29 PM

And i'm glad my cross compiler works again.

Can you share your config with us:
lsusb, dmesg, and cat /proc/bus/input/devices
The remote your using
The output of IRW
Any custom lircd.conf or hardware.conf

RE: IgorPlug-USB / lirc - misuthe - 1st Mar, 2013 12:07 AM

(26th Feb, 2013 11:29 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  And i'm glad my cross compiler works again.

Can you share your config with us:
lsusb, dmesg, and cat /proc/bus/input/devices
The remote your using
The output of IRW
Any custom lircd.conf or hardware.conf

Sure! But I have not finished my configuration yet. So far I have the IR receiver working and the Apple Remote (A1156) gets recognized. I have downloaded the matching config from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/ and created some Lircmap.xml - but these steps are actually untested.

I hope I'll find the time to press some buttons on the remote in front of my pi tonight... Wink

I will send you more details once I'm happy with my setup!

Best regards
Michael