Forum
[SOLVED] xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem (/thread-539.html)

xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - savis21 - 27th Feb, 2013 05:56 PM

Hi,

I would like to use xbmcRemote app with my iPad and iPhone but I cannot connect via it to XBian. I have tried to enable HTTP server from XBMC configs but how it should actually be done? Do I have to define server IP address, port, username and password? Are some of these optional parameters?

xbmcRemote app: Which fields are mandatory?

IP: yes
port: yes (8080), tcp port: ?
MAC address: ?
username: (mandatory, if defined in XBMC)?
password: (mandatory, if defined in XBMC)?

I tried to search XBMC from xbmcRemote app but it didn't find it..

I would be appreciated of your help.

xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - Koenkk - 27th Feb, 2013 06:13 PM

you only have to fill in the host, ip and port (and of course the username and password if you set that up in XBMC). [attachment=97]

RE: xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - savis21 - 27th Feb, 2013 07:07 PM

(27th Feb, 2013 06:13 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  you only have to fill in the host, ip and port (and of course the username and password if you set that up in XBMC).
Thanks for your quick reply Koenkk! What are setup in Xbian XBMC side? This should be simple but I don't understand why IOS APP does not find XBMC, when I try to press "Find XBMC" button. Or did you just save the configuration and that's it?

Re: xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - rikardo1979 - 27th Feb, 2013 08:08 PM

please read
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127560

RE: xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - Koenkk - 27th Feb, 2013 08:13 PM

(27th Feb, 2013 07:07 PM)savis21 Wrote:  
(27th Feb, 2013 06:13 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  you only have to fill in the host, ip and port (and of course the username and password if you set that up in XBMC).
Thanks for your quick reply Koenkk! What are setup in Xbian XBMC side? This should be simple but I don't understand why IOS APP does not find XBMC, when I try to press "Find XBMC" button. Or did you just save the configuration and that's it?

Just save the configuration, it will work then Smile

RE: xbmcRemote for IOS devices setup problem - savis21 - 28th Feb, 2013 04:13 PM

(27th Feb, 2013 08:13 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  
(27th Feb, 2013 07:07 PM)savis21 Wrote:  

Just save the configuration, it will work then Smile
Thanks! Now it works. This was solution:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Services#Remote_control