Forum
Xbian + Apple Remote - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian + Apple Remote (/thread-568.html)

Xbian + Apple Remote - Abshole - 4th Mar, 2013 02:01 AM

I have both versions of the Apple remote (the white one & silver one), and I have an old Manta TR1 receiver & I'm hoping to somehow use one of those remotes to control xbian.

Is this possible? If so, how can it be done? I'm a bit new to all of this.

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - Koenkk - 4th Mar, 2013 02:08 AM

Can you try this guide? http://wiki.xbian.org/view/Tutorials:Configuring_a_remote . Also afterwards, can you share the things/ file you changed so we can include support for it by default?

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - Abshole - 9th Mar, 2013 01:08 PM

Was hoping for a bit of guidance, but I can give that guide a try. I haven't tried a mode2 to see if either is recognized by lirc, but I've looked around and seen lircd.conf files so I'm assuming it might work?

I've also found a lircmap, but depending on if it works I might have to adjust some things.

Someone on the RaspberryPi.org forum suggested in getting a flirc usb dongle. I might just go with that.

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - CurlyMo - 9th Mar, 2013 06:53 PM

Quote:Was hoping for a bit of guidance, but I can give that guide a try.
I believe the wiki article i wrote is already a lot of guidance. We don't own everything Wink so don't have answers to everything. That why we need help of the community. I'd rather have us try to fix the current setup of yours than you buying new hardware. We want to support as much as possible straight out of the box.

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - Sim1 - 9th Mar, 2013 09:47 PM

I use apple silver remote with Xbian. Tried it with all distros and it is working quite well.
Are you trying to use GPIO receiver like the one described in Lirc GPIO driver with Raspbmc ?
I just noticed you have USB receiver... so I guess I could only help from the moment you've got irw readings confirming lirc itself is working with it.

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - markosjal - 19th Nov, 2013 06:09 PM

I too want Apple Remote on xbian but only if I could get identical behaviour as Apple TV/XBMC.

I have used an Apple IR receiver from a MacBook Pro on linux , but seem to have issues on Pi.

See the links below

ATVClient http://teknogeekz.com/blog/?p=422
Apple Remote Sensor http://teknogeekz.com/blog/?p=376

(9th Mar, 2013 09:47 PM)Sim1 Wrote:  I use apple silver remote with Xbian. Tried it with all distros and it is working quite well.
Are you trying to use GPIO receiver like the one described in Lirc GPIO driver with Raspbmc ?
I just noticed you have USB receiver... so I guess I could only help from the moment you've got irw readings confirming lirc itself is working with it.

What do you use as a receiver?

Have any config files?

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - Sim1 - 26th Nov, 2013 07:40 AM

Receiver - VISHAY TSOP31238.

Scripts, yes:
- /etc/lirc update to add apple remote config and use non standard lirc socket
- python script (modified version of Julian Neil great work published on xbmc forum) to read non standard lirc socket, with xbmc reboot and low-level raspi complete reboot added
- /etc/init.d/lirc.conf updated to start the python script right after lirc is initiated
- Lircmap.xml and remote.xml in /home/xbian/.xbmc(/keymaps) to modfiy xbmc to act as atv2.

RE: Xbian + Apple Remote - markosjal - 15th Dec, 2013 12:09 PM

(26th Nov, 2013 07:40 AM)Sim1 Wrote:  Receiver - VISHAY TSOP31238.

Scripts, yes:
- /etc/lirc update to add apple remote config and use non standard lirc socket
- python script (modified version of Julian Neil great work published on xbmc forum) to read non standard lirc socket, with xbmc reboot and low-level raspi complete reboot added
- /etc/init.d/lirc.conf updated to start the python script right after lirc is initiated
- Lircmap.xml and remote.xml in /home/xbian/.xbmc(/keymaps) to modfiy xbmc to act as atv2.
Guess I need to be more specific and ask if you can post config files

You have long keypresses working?